Invoice number allocation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Invoice number allocation

I am finding that Accountright is issuing duplicate order and invoice numbers. yesterday it issued correctly and today it went back to issuing old numbers again. I am siginging in online each time to the correct version. Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Invoice number allocation

I also am finding its duplicating numbers even though I have ticked warn if number has been used in preferences

Highlighted
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I too have the same problem with myob reverting back to an invoice number that has been deleted.  I thought we had the problem solved with changing the settings but it did the same thing last night.  phoned myob and they said to change settings which i had already done and said "this happens and to make a note of the last invoice number you used and change it to that" - so none the wiser.    

Highlighted
MYOB Product Team
6,263 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,263Posts

1,047Kudos

895Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Preflow@macdonald & @TamaraDee

I've just tested a few different files from yesterday and today however I'm not encountering the same issue. That said, I have seen the same problem occur in some cases where you open an older Invoice then go to create a new Invoice and during entering the new invoice we click OK to save the old one. As the software goes by the "Last Recorded" Invoice# this has been known to cause problems though it can't be replicated in all scenarios.

Something to look at here, can I confirm if your preference for warn for Duplicate Invoice/Customer PO Numbers is currently turned on? (Setup > Preferences > Sales > Warn for Duplicate [Invoice/Customer PO] Numbers on Recorded Sales)

If this is currently turned on, it should warn the user before you record so that you can update the Invoice Number.

If you update the Invoice number for your next Sale to something unused your next Sales should stop duplicating as it should increment.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Highlighted
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Hayden, I turned on that setting yesterday, i will monitor and see how that works for me. Thansk for the feedback

Highlighted
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I have that feature turned on however the problem is still there.

In my scenario, if I enter a sale and record it as an order say Order #10, then continue entering sales for a few days where the sequential numbering has gone to #20, when I go back and bill invoice #10, the next sales order processed will duplicate to #11 and continue from there.

This is a major issue which and not the same as the previous version of MYOB.

I can see that this is going to cause all sorts of problems where the same number could potentially be used multiple times dependant on how many invoices are generated each day and how many are initially saved as an order.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post