Partner Zone

Invoice reminders won't send if Automatic Invoice numbering not used

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MicahEPNZ
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Invoice reminders won't send if Automatic Invoice numbering not used

I've noticed that a lot of invoices that should have had automatic invoice reminders being sent out have not been sent. I performed the usual fixes of turning the reminders offs, clearing the cache and turning them back on. I still found many were missing. 

I think I've found the problem. It appears that as long as the invoice numbering protocol retains the automatic numbering built into MYOB, then the reminders work as normal. If not, they don't seem to go out. See the screenshots below.

In this one, you can see a mixture of invoice numbering styles. We use a CRM, which follows a different naming convention. We generate our Sales Orders there, then export them to MYOB where we convert to Invoices. Sometimes we split up our big invoices into several smaller ones in MYOB, hence the mixture of CRM and MYOB invoice numbering. 

2020-02-17_1021.png

But if I just look for the automated reminders, you will see that only invoices which follow the MYOB numbering have been sent out. This is since September last year, so it is not a small sample size.

2020-02-17_1025.png

Please help! We rely on those reminders for helping us with our aged receivables. There must be something that can be done so they will work with other invoice naming types.

1 REPLY 1
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

719Kudos

1,158Solutions

Re: Invoice reminders won't send if Automatic Invoice numbering not used

Hi @MicahEPNZ 

At this stage, I cannot confirm if not using auto numbering is the only issue or if there are other factors involved as well. We would need some additional details to figure that out.

Therefore, can you please confirm what are the terms used on the invoices for which the invoice reminders are not being sent? You can check that by opening any invoice and clicking on blue arrow next to the "Terms" on the top right hand side of the screen.  If the terms are "Prepaid" or "C.O.D", invoice reminders won't be triggered.

Also, if it's happening for multiple customers, please send me a Private Message with your serial number , invoice reminder schedule and the email addresses of atleast 2 customers, so we can investigate it further for you.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post