Invoicing for part payments

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
jodycrown
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Invoicing for part payments

Hi

Our invoicing system needs to change to be able to invoice our customers correctly and get them to pay part payments. I am wondering if there is any way to do a sales invoice that includes the total amount of the sale but with only requesting a part payment with a specific due date. We need to do this for different stages of job completions, we can't have them on seperate invoices as this will be extremely confusing and may result in our clients thinking that the part payment is the full payment. This is for standard invoicing (emailed to client from myob) and not online invoices. 

Hopefully this makes sense, Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Invoicing for part payments

Hi @jodycrown 

Welcome to the Community Forum. Currently, when choosing the payment terms on an invoice, it only allows for one date to be set as the due date, not multiple dates.

If you do have an invoice that requires multiple payments at different times, these would need to be recorded as multiple invoices within AccountRight and sent to the client as multiple invoices so payment can be made individually on those invoices.

If you would like to give your customers a list of each payment rather than sending them as separate invoices, you could instead send them a Customer Statement which might make it less confusing.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post