Is it possible to remove the "view unpaid invoices emailed to you" link at the bottom of invoice emails sent from within MYOB?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

220Kudos

4Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Is it possible to remove the "view unpaid invoices emailed to you" link at the bottom of invoice emails sent from within MYOB?

Hi,

We send some invoices directly from MYOB and others we sent manually and only record the details in MYOB. This can be a mix of both for each customer, so we have never turned on the "Unpaid Invoice Summaries" because we don't want customers to be sent a list containing only some of their invoices.

However, we've realised today that there is still a link going out on the bottom of the emailed invoices which says "view unpaid invoices emailed to you". So, the customer is still getting a partial list!

I've been through the all the settings I can find for emailing invoices and invoice reminders, but I can't find anywhere to edit or remove this section of the cover email. 

Is it possible? We really don't want it as it's not accurate.

We send statements each month which does the same thing anyway but includes all invoices whether emailed or not.

Thank you.

MYOB1.jpg
MYOB2.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Is it possible to remove the "view unpaid invoices emailed to you" link at the bottom of invoice emails sent from within MYOB?

Hi @H-TS 

When emailing an invoice where Setup>>Preferences>>Emailing -- Send Using AccountRight is enabled, customers will receive a link to that particular invoice in that email. In addition to that, the email will include the option to view all unpaid invoices that have been sent to that recipient. This option is not able to be removed from the email and will be different from the Unpaid Invoice Statements.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

220Kudos

4Solutions

Re: Is it possible to remove the "view unpaid invoices emailed to you" link at the bottom of invoice emails sent from within MYOB?

Thanks Steven.

Could you please explain how they are different? Maybe provide screenshots of what the customer would see/receive for both? The descriptions mean the same thing to me. Or point me to the correct support/help page to see it. I've tried searching myself but can only find an example of the unpaid invoice summary (from the invoice email).

I'm thinking we need to turn off invoicing from AccountRight because it causes more problems than it solves (for us). As I understand it, we would then be stuck having to always send invoices from a particular PC if we want a specific address to be used without setting up that address on every user's computer. 

I think the answer is no, but is it possible to send from AccountRight for payslips but not invoices? We do like the extra security of payslips not sitting in someone's sent emails.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @H-TS 

Unpaid Invoice Statements are designed to be issued out to customers automatically on the 3rd of each month. So, these are like Invoice reminders which are automatically sent out to the customer to remind them of their outstanding invoices. The actual Unpaid Invoice Statement is the same as that view unpaid invoice option but are slightly different in nature as Unpaid Invoice Statements automatically send it out (without an invoice accompanying them).

To answer your other point in relation to emailing out only certain items, the email setting is the company file window. So you would not be able to email out payslips using the online portal but use a desktop email client such as Outlook for invoices. However, if you did want that process, you could look at disable that preferences and just enabling it when you go to send your payslips before disabling it again afterwards.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Della
Partner
27 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

27Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

Is it possible to have flexibility on the 3rd to another date?

Thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Della 

Currently, those Unpaid Invoice Statements will be emailed out to customers on the 3rd of the each month. There is currently no provision to have those set to be a different date. However, invoice reminders are customisable in terms of the dates they are issued out (based on due date of invoice).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post