Contributing User
CathVSA
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Issue allocating refunds to open invoices

We are having trouble allocating refunds to open invoices.

When trying to apply a credit to an open invoice, we are told that MYOB is "unable to automatically allocate refund to open invoices, please use sales register to do this" (as per attached screenshot).

However when we try to apply the credit via the Sales Register, it always shows either no open invoices, or no record of invoices at all for the customer, yet there are definitely open invoices.

We have had this issue for a couple of months now and were hoping that it was a glitch that would fix itself but that doesn't seem to the case.

We have tried deleting invoices and credits and re-entering, tried changing the dates on the invoices and credits, all to no avail so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Cheers Cath

MYOB Credit Application issue.png
2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
803 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Andrew_Y
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

76Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Issue allocating refunds to open invoices

Hello @CathVSA 

Thank you for bringing your issue to the community forums.  I hope you will find the shared knowledge base of the users here, as well as the MYOB help articles to be a great resource.

You may find this particular Help article I found of use to your situation.  in particular it deals with using the Sales Register when Applying a customer credit to an open invoice

If you cannot see any invoices, it does suggest checking the categories involved when looking to view certain invoices.

If this has helped in pointing you to useful information I ask that you mark this post as a solution so that others may find answers easier.  If you are still having issues, kindly elaborate on the steps you are taking and when you are not seeing this information so we can better understand your issue.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User CathVSA
5 Posts
Contributing User
CathVSA
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Issue allocating refunds to open invoices

Hi @Andrew_Y , thank you so much for that!   We have been doing this for years but have just restructured which is why the category issue had just popped up now. Thank you again! Smiley Happy 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post