12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Item Export Data Corrupt

Hi,

I was silly enough to try calling MYOB but got 2 hours of **bleep**py hold music for my trouble. Let's give this a try here and see if one of you fine people can assist.

I have run an export of my items list but the data has a huge number of errors. I am trying to use the export to excel to put together a price list (the price list type reports from MYOB all show I have no data which, after 4 years of use, is wrong but that's another issue). The item export has zeros where I actually have prices, has incorrect prices (when I compare the export to the system) and has prices where I have none. There are thousands of errors if you can every incorrect price at every qty break.

What might have caused this and how can I fix it?

Cheers,

Pedr

12 REPLIES 12
MYOB Staff Post amylee91
59 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
MYOB Staff Post

59Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Item Export Data Corrupt

Hey @Garmpe 

You can try export this directly from the export function,

1. In AccountRight, go to File menu and choose Export Data then choose Items.
  2. Set the Export File Format field to Tab Delimited and set the First Record Is field to Header Record.
  3. Click Continue to display the Export Data information window.
  4. In the MYOB Fields list located in the right hand panel, click Item Number then click selct the things you want to see / update in your accountright.

This should pull through all information as at current to date.

This will allow you to edit in excel and do what you need

Regards

Amylee 

Cheers,

Amylee
MYOB Pinnacle Partner Support

Helpful links:

Product Ideas: AccountRight | Essentials | MYOB Capture | MYOB Invoices
Support Links: Support Notes | Forum Search | Status Page

Experienced Cover User Garmpe
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @amylee91 

Thanks for the response, unfortunately it looks like I have not explained myself very well. That is exactly the report/export that I am referring to but it is the one that doesn't work. eg, I have a price of, say 11.95 for all different price levels but when I run the export some prices come out as 11.95 others as 12.95 others as 0. Others have quantity levels that don't exist when I look in MYOB. 

I have sent my data off to the data repair team but I haven't got any update and when I rang to ask for one I was told I would have to wait on the line for 2 hours after spending 4 hours on the phone the day before (2 on hold, 2 working with someone to no avail). 

When I run the "Price List [Detail]" report it says I have no data. How can that be? I can export data (the data is wrong but it exists) so it should show up in the report. 

So basically I have no way to generate a price list and have been told I might have to wait 10 days to get my data back with no updates along the way. Meanwhile my competitor are out there handing out price lists while I can't do the same (yes I could type out the data manually but we are talking about thousands of data points that could esily result in errors and significant cost to pay someone to sit there typing things out).

To say this isn't good enough from MYOB doesn't even begin to cover it. I think you guys forget that you actually have a viable competitor now whereas you didn't before.

12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

And now I've been told the team has gone home for the day. Awesome support for small businesses, MYOB support scarpers off home at 5pm on the dot instead of solving the problems.

MYOB Staff Post amylee91
59 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
MYOB Staff Post

59Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

Hey @Garmpe 

If you send me a message, i can have a further look into this for you, also as a side note, our team are here 9am - 8pm melbourne time.

Regards

Amylee 

Cheers,

Amylee

Helpful links:

12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @amylee91 ,

I will message you separately but as to the staff time it is not what I was told on live chat. 

Regards,

Pedr

12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

HI @amylee91 

Thank you for confirming the support teams are not there until 8pm, only first line support is there. Datafile repair team home at 5pm with no update to users, no way to contact them. I just have to sit here and pray that at some point maybe someone will get back to me with how my data file got so corrupted that I can't use it.

MYOB Staff Post amylee91
59 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
MYOB Staff Post

59Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

Hey @Garmpe 

Alot of our staff are over in new zealand, currently it is 8pm over there, as per our message, as soon as they are in i will let you know what we can do.

Regards

Amylee 

Cheers,

Amylee

Helpful links:

_Zentra
5 Posts
User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @amylee91 ,

I am having the same issue and I had also experienced the same issue in April 2018: https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Getting-started/Export-Issue-Inventory-Price-Breaks-Expor...

We now run a new licenced MYOB as change of business owners and run online as previously were networked. Does this still need a script to fix? Also is it a permanent fix or does this revert after every upgrade/update? Can you advise as soon as possible as trying to bulk update all our pricing.

Thanks for your help!

_Zentra
5 Posts
User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @amylee91 or @Steven_M

Is anyone able to assit with this? Our price update is pending correct MYOB export data.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post