Partner Zone

Item Purchase return

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
watersol
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Item Purchase return

I have tried to raise a negative invoice to a supplier for an item I wish to return.  The amount entered was the same amount as the supplier had originally invoiced me for.  When I went to save the retrun invoice it came up with an error "Processing this purchase would leave the item ..... with no items on hand and a non-zero value in inventory."  I ran an inventory report and compared the stock levels and the price value, all matched my raised invoice for return.  Which indicated no inventory adjustment is required.  However I still can not record the supplier invoice returned.  The stock level will be 0 once recorded.  What else do I need to do?

1 REPLY 1
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
5,775 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,775Posts

541Kudos

869Solutions

Re: Item Purchase return

Hi @watersol 

Welcome to the Community Forum!!

In AccountRight when an item has zero quantity, its total value should also be zero. The error message indicates the negative purchase you are trying to enter would reduce the item's quantity to zero, however, there would still be a non-zero value left in this item. For more details about this error message please check out this support noteInventory quantity/value less than zero.

To work around this error, you can try the following:

- Record an inventory adjustment to add 1 quantity to this item, you can set the unit cost to be 0.

- Record the negative purchase.

- Go to Inventory > Item List > click on the zoom arrow next to the item, note the current quantity and value showing.

- Record another inventory adjustment to reduce both the quantity and value back to 0.

If you're still experiencing this issue, attach a screenshot of the item's profile and the negative purchase you're trying to enter so we can investigate further. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post