21 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

21Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Item Sales import seems to be broken

I've been struggling with this ever since upgrading to 2019.2

I can get my sales to import successfully but the GST amount doesn't show.

As suggested elsewhere on these forums, I created an import template by entering a sale manually and exporting it.

I then attempted to import that exact same file back into MYOB, and guess what? That didn't work either!

The import told me one record skipped. Looking at the log file I have error 25 - Invalid amount.

What invalid amount?? Is it the quantity, the price, the GST amount, the total amount?

Why, when I've been successfully importing sales into MYOB every month for the last 12 years has it decided to stop working?

Attached is the import file created by MYOB if someone would mind taking a look.

11 REPLIES 11
Contributing Partner bennyjparker
7 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

7Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Item Sales import seems to be broken

Same problem here Nishy. Been importing from MSACCESS for years. I can't get the new system to work either. Even with MYOB's own template. Hours of work time wasted.

7 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

7Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Nishy,

I have made progress by replacing all amounts with '0' and then tried again with another numeric - '15'. I suspect the '$' symbol in the MYOB export file is throwing the import out as it needs only a number. Great programming thank you MYOB.

I have progressed to Error -1017: CardId must be selected...

Sue-AFSL
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I also had  Error -38: Default account for freight charges not specified.

I took the amounts out of the freight fields (they were all zero) and now getting  Error -1017: CardId must be selected.  on those lines instead.  I don't even know what that means. 

- about ready to choose new software...

7 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

7Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I have you coverded on this one Sue - I think. I have managed an import.

In the card file there is a [Card Id] field. By default it is '*None'. 

If you do not use this you need to populate the [Card ID] field in your import file (2nd last field) to '*None'.

I also had to populate the last field, [Record ID], with number '1'.

Hope that helps...

Ben

PS Have attached a template that is working for me without errors.

Sue-AFSL
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Ben, I do use card IDs - but I did not use that to import this template as not all these companies have them. I wonder if taking the field out would be better?
7 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

7Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Not sure - I expect it will need something. You might need to alter your export from wherever you are coming from to unclude these. But that means you will need the Card_ID stored in that place as well as MYOB. Or linked to it which starts to get pretty complicated. 

I have moved on to trying to import real data and hitting the next snag...

Sue-AFSL
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Tried blank Card ID (like your file) different error now.  grrr

Card ID worked fine for my import to my NFP books in MYOB v19 last week lol

Just importing from a spreadsheet - I exported it from MYOB - last years 1 July membership  item sales and updated dates and descriptions etc - you'd think the match would be perfect - however going with plan B now since wasting more time trying this than  it would take to do them from a recurring transaction. 

Good luck with yours.  Thanks for your help

7 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

7Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

And a major glitch in the tax-inclusive or not section I think. Post here in case you come across the same problem...

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Sales-and-purchases/Sales-Item-Import-Tax-Inclusive-Progr...

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,214 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,214Posts

508Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Nishy 

AccountRight v201x has different import checks/requirements compared to v19. Sometimes in v19 unbalanced transactions could still be imported, to prevent that from happening, v201x is more strict.

-25 invalid amount error generally means somewhere in that transaction the amounts don't add up. It could be that quantity x item price isn't matching the total field, it could be GST amount isn't 10% etc. For example, in the import file you attached, item CC1's quantity is 359 and unit price 0.8273, the total would be 297.0007, rounding to 297. The current total in the import file is 296.99, therefore incorrect.

If you need to edit the import file in Excel, then save the changes to the text file, please open the text file in Notepad and make sure the item price still contain the full decimals. 

I hope this helps. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post