Item for Printing Time Billing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Item for Printing Time Billing

Hi MYOB Is this a known fault - but this is very painful as we are now converting from TB to Item invoicing - a huge task (needed to integrated with a 3rd party CRM product) - went to print Item invoices.

But alas all but the bottom one were time-billing.

The Doc

Not Items.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Re: Item for Printing Time Billing

Hi @The_Doc , this post from January 2020 has more info:

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Sales-and-purchases/Bulk-email-Time-Billing-Invoices/m-p/....

Known issue. Will happen if 1st line of invoice is for an item not an activity. May also happen if delivery status is not set to "printed and emailed".  

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Hi Mike Thanks for the reply - yes know about this problem but that doesn't answer the problem

Everyone of my TB had a special \Blank placer for this reason.

All showing have this in place - and printing or emailing is set for all of them.

Regards The Doc

1st line if TB .jpg

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Hi @The_Doc , I see. I don't suppose entering a positive quantity with $0 price in that line would help?

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Hi @ Mike Nope - nothing did until I changed ALL lines to activities - then it disappeared - ughh - ugly. Since most of the stuff we do is activities - but I have created items - but why just these few invoices. Regards
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @The_Doc 

Just testing that situation I can replicate what you are experiencing with that time billing invoice appearing as an item invoice in the Print/Email Invoices window.

Like has been mentioned, it does appear to be linked to that situation with including items on a time billing invoice layout only. I was under the impression that it wasn't the first line that needed to be an activity it was the first chargeable line. Having 0.00 for that line, as you have indicated, wouldn't always have caused the timebilling invoice to remain as a timebilling invoice, especially if there are only items added to that invoice (after the $0.00 activity line).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Steven Understood - which is why I changed the 1st line from 0.0 to 1 @ $1 just to see if that would fix things - and it didn't. It was a single chargeable line invoice (excluding the idler activity) - and these invoices wouldn't vanish from the item listing until all items were removed from the invoice. My thinking is once the flag is set for it to be an item or TB invoice - it will not be reset until you delete and start again. The Doc

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post