Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Item list keeps telling lies

Hi

At the top of the item list, directly under 'name' is an empty box for typing searches.

The search option is set to 'begins with'

At first, it works just fine, then after a while, it starts totally lying?? It will say "no records exist or match your criteria" But thats a flat out LIE, why does it do that?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Item list keeps telling lies

I will give some more information on the problem

I have a series of items called RF Infiller (size)

Normally i can type in the search bar "RF i" and all the infillers will show up in the search result.

After a while i will type "RF i" in the search bar and suddenly get the result "no records exist or match your criteria"

Then if i check to see if the search parameter is still set to 'begins with' and it is.

Then i keep typing the item name, "RF infiller" Once i typed the full word (but no size yet), only then all the items suddenly show up in the search result.

MYOB Moderator
3,140 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,140Posts

323Kudos

487Solutions

Hi @HangedUpOnMe 

We have tried to replicate the situation you explained in some of our sample files and the "Value" and "Text filter" selectors  are returning results as expected. If it's not working for you occasionally, our recommendation would be clearing cache as most of the times these display issues are caused due to corrupt cache. 

Let us know how you go on. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I would agree the problem is the cashe, but its not a random corruption, its more like a 'TILT' overload i think.

The reason i draw that conclusion is that it consistanly happens at around the 20 minute mark of item list editing.

This computer i am using has 16gb of ram, which should be sufficient, but, our item list is very long.... none the less i will try increasing virtual memory and see if that helps (solid state HDD). Meanwhile you guys should fix this cashe problem because it can cause mistakes if people are not aware of the problem.

MYOB Moderator
3,140 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,140Posts

323Kudos

487Solutions

Hi @HangedUpOnMe 

Thank you for sharing the additional information and I will pass this on to the relevant teams. In the meanwhile, please clear the cache and let us know if increasing virtual memory has any impact. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post