Item number character limit?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ryadre
Trusted Cover User
57 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

57Posts

17Kudos

2Solutions

Item number character limit?

Hi all

I am trying to troubleshoot why some of my items dont get imported into Accountright.

One thing I am considering is if there is a limit to the amount of numbers that can be in the Item number? The common products I use that dont work have 9 numbers for the Item Number. Could this be a problem?

The group of Items I am having trouble with are all from one particular brand and so all have similar and similar length Item Numbers.

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Item number character limit?

Hi @ryadre 

Thank you for your post. The required format for Item Numbers when importing is 30 characters, alphanumeric. If they are longer than 30 characters or have special characters that could be preventing the import. 

Please refer to our Help article - Import and export fields for more information on that topic.

Do let me know if you need further help; and if you do need help replying with the import file would help give me more context to the issue.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post