Contributing User
Contributing User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Items List Summary Report - Inactive Items

Dear MYOB

1st Question

When I try to so an Items List summary report.

I click items drop down Tab.

I click the box next to item number at the top to highlight all the products I have.

I then go and untick the box at the bottom that says "show inactive items"

yet when I produce the report it still shows  some of my inactive items in the report.

I find this extremely fustrating because I then have to go through and sift them all out.

Please can you tell my why this is the case?

2nd Question.

when I export out my entire Items list data base to excel I cannot find an option or that it has exported my Quantity on hand.

Please can you tell me why this is not an exportable option?

Your reply would be very much appreciated

13 REPLIES 13
MYOB Moderator
38,689 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,689Posts

5,264Kudos

5,687Solutions

Re: Items List Summary Report - Inactive Items

Hi @ChrisAqua 

By default, the Item List [Summary] report, will list all items - active or inactive. There is an option in the Items filter to Show Inactive Items - which by default is enabled. If you uncheck that option, it will exclude those inactive items from the Items Select From List window only, these will still be shown on the report. Should you wish to exclude those items from the report, you want to uncheck the Show Inactive Items in that list, which will exclude all inactive items from the list. You would then need to select the Select All tickbox (next to the Item number column header) to select all the active items before selecting Ok and Re-run report.

In terms of exporting out items using the File>>Import/Export Assistant, this is designed to export out the item information. For example the name, number, accounts, buying and selling prices... The quantity on hand is not included with that information as it's relative to the company file and the transactions in that.

However, you could actually solve both questions via the Item List window and have the quantity on hand excluding inactive items in an export. If you ensured that Show Inactive is disabled on the Item List window, right-clicked on the table data and select Copy to Clipboard. This would take a copy of the current information on-screen and can be pasted into Excel or another application to view that information.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank-you for your reply.

In regards to the 1st Question, Please can you tell me why it is that when I do as you say. 

untick the inactive items. Tick Select all items and also tock include Zero Quantities it also brings up inactive items again.

What I am looking for is the Items List Summary report to include Zero Quantities and only active items.

however every time I tick the "include Zero Quantities" it also lists the inactive items once again.

Your last point.

Im sorry but unfortunatly no that does not resolve both issues because if I export the items list into excel to get my Quantities it still does not put into Excel the other information form the "Export assistant"  like Barcode, full description of products etc.

if you could asdust your Export Assistane to also include "Quantity on Hand" this would solve my issues.

MYOB Moderator
38,689 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,689Posts

5,264Kudos

5,687Solutions

Hi @ChrisAqua 

Just testing that Item List [Summary] and inactivate items with zero quantities, the system does appear to be working as I would expect based on the filters selected. For example, when you have Include Zero Quantities ticked and "Selected..." in the Items, it will only show you the selected items that does include items with zero quantities. 

What I would recommend doing is ensuring that you do have Selected... in the Items filter. Having All indicates that all items are included, this would include those inactive items.  Selected... comes about when you select more than 1 item in the Item List (but not all items).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank-you for your reply

Please find attached how I have the Report setup.

once I run the report is still shows some inactive items, not all of them just sum.

Hoever as the report is not correct I still need to sift through it eachtime to locate the items that should not be in the report.

Part 2 Please can you once again add the option  "Quantity On Hand"  to the "Import/Export Assistant" when exporting the items fields. if this Could be added it would be very much appreciated.

MYOB question.JPG
Myob selected items.JPG
MYOB Moderator
38,689 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,689Posts

5,264Kudos

5,687Solutions

Hi @ChrisAqua 

Based on the screenshot settings, you have provided items that are ticked in the Items filters should be appearing in the report. If these items have a zero unit of hand they should not appear regardless of whether they are selected. You mentioned that only some items are appearing when they shouldn't, it may be a case of clearing the cache so that the report can be displayed as intended and not impacted by the cache. Do check our Clearing the cache for more information on that topic.

In terms of exporting out the quantity on hand value through the Import/Export Assistant, you may want to suggest that as a potential idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange for consideration fo the MYOB Community and the MYOB Product Teams.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank-you for your reply.

I Have followed the instructions on how to Clear the Cache, when I enter the %localappdata% into my Start Menu nothing comes up.

Please can you elaborate on this point.

Part 2 - I have sent the suggestion to your ecommended link as you asked , However as you are a part of MYOB please may I also ask for you to make this suggestion on my behalf.

MYOB Moderator
38,689 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,689Posts

5,264Kudos

5,687Solutions

Hi @ChrisAqua 

%localappdata% is the quick search you can do to get into the AppData folder on your computer. If you are having trouble accessing that path you could try opening File Explorer and manually navigating to the:

C:\Users\--username--\AppData\Local folder.

Note: AppData is a hidden folder so you would need to turn on the ability to see hidden files and folders, and --username-- would be the username you are using to log into Windows with.

If you do require further assistance with accessing that folder we do recommend speaking with an IT person in relation to accessing that location.

I can see that you have added the idea: Import/Export: Items - Include Quantity on Hand. I would encourage other users that would like to see this feature added in future updates to show their support for this idea.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Dear Steven

Thank-you for your reply. I spoke with my IT guys and the cleared the Cache for me.

However please see the attached example...? it still showed an inactive item even through I have not ticked the show Inactive items box????

Catch Cleared.JPG
MYOB Moderator
4,820 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,820Posts

703Kudos

745Solutions

Hi @ChrisAqua 

I'm wondering if you do tick the Show Inactive Items option if that inactive Item is ticked. That Show Inactive Items option only applies to the Items Select From List window, it filters the items in that window. The report is filtered by which items are selected in that window.

Can you try ticking that option and let us know if the inactive item has been selected or not?

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post