Job Activity Detail - GST excluded from report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Utopia
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Job Activity Detail - GST excluded from report

Hi all,

I have generated a Job Activity (Detail) report for a specific job, however, for some reason it doesn't include the GST component in the report, therefore, not giving an accurate costing of the job.

I have viewed the filters, and cannot find anything for the GST component.  Because the report collects the amount from the general ledger code, I'm thinking it takes the amount excluding the GST.

Is there a way that I can add the GST somewhere in the report in order for the report to include the GST component.  At present, I have resorted to exporting the report onto Excel and add the GST portion to the report, which takes a lot of time.

Thank you

Michelle

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Job Activity Detail - GST excluded from report

Hi @Utopia 

When you record a transaction against an account the GST portion of the transaction is filtered off to the linked GST accounts. For example, I record a tax-inclusive invoice for $110.00, the income account is impacted by $100 with $10 going to GST Collected account. 

In terms of job costing, job costing is done on the value that has gone against the profit and Loss account (income, cost of sales and expense). As the GST portion is syphoned out at the time of recording that transaction, the amount against the job would be the transaction income/expense account tax-exclusive value. As such, when reporting it will showing the tax-exclusive value with no option to add in the tax-inclusive amount.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Utopia
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Job Activity Detail - GST excluded from report

Thank you for your response Steven. Makes sense.  I will continue to add the GST component manually into my report.

Regards,

Michelle

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post