Job coding for freight, finance etc

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced User Melj74
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Job coding for freight, finance etc

Hi all

Anyone know of any way to allocate freight and finance charges that are added to invoices, to jobs...

Doesn't seem possible in the invoice screen so I am having to journal the total each month DR/CR the same account with job numbers allocated but the workings for the amounts that relate to each job are a nightmare so I am doing % basis to at least show some portion of the costs.

If I don't then my consolidated job P & L doesn't rec to my normal P & L which is not good for us as we use jobs for departmental costing year to year in a NFP.

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,747 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,747Posts

1,513Kudos

184Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Job coding for freight, finance etc

Hi Melj74

No you can't allocate job codes to Freight and Finance Charges.   The workaround would be to enter the transaction putting the Freight or Finance Charges into the line detail.    You would need to customise your forms and take out the freight charges etc currently displayed at the bottom of the form

Also worth looking at a job management add on that integrates with MYOB.  Here is the link Job Management Add-On

Freight with jobs.jpg

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Partner ASWatCR
242 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

242Posts

451Kudos

0Solutions

Just the question, I needed to have answered.!

Unfortunately it was not the answer I wanted Smiley Sad

I will post an idea on the ideas exchange, because this presents an issue for all business that use job costing and freight etc

Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,747 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,747Posts

1,513Kudos

184Solutions

@ASWatCR I just voted on your idea too

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,036 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,036Posts

4,413Kudos

4,789Solutions

Hi @ASWatCRFantastic, I see you have posted Job costing for freight, finance etc. I would encourage other users who come across this post to vote and comment if required for this idea if they would like to see its possible inclusion into the program in future updates.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post