Job coding

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
kcb001
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Job coding

When entering a new suppier invoice or new sale, I sometimes to create a new job code at that time.  However these new job codes will not be available for selection until you leave the purchase/sale entry page and restart.

Surely MYOB would realise that this is a complete waste of time not to mention the double handling on a sale/purchase.

Whilst MYOB will say to create the job code first, this is not always convenient as often the information is only to hand at the time of seeing purchase/sale.

Additionally, while this may be off topic a bit, the same thing happens when carrying out bank recs.  Should an entry have to be made at the time of reconcilliation such as a loan repayment etc., this entry will not appear until you leave the bank rec and then re-enter.  So frustrating and time consuming. We do not use intray funtion and do not not intend to in the future.  Please advise.

2 REPLIES 2
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Job coding

Hello @kcb001 

I do apologise you're experiencing frustrations with this process. To test, I have created a new Sales Invoice and created a new Job to add to that invoice within the same screen. I was able to successfully create the job, save it, and apply it to the invoice without needing to navigate away ('New Job.docx' attachment below). I did the same for a supplier invoice without issue. Note that this was done in the most recent version of AccountRight: 2020.2. Are you using the most updated version? I would also suggest you clear your AccountRight cache, as this can sometimes clear up odd behaivours the software is experiencing. That said, please do let me know if I have misunderstood your query and I would be happy to look into this further.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

kcb001
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Job coding

Hi Emily,

I am using the latest version - 2020.2 and this has now  fixed the problem.  Thank you very much

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post