Job profit and loss report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing Cover User TPRS
2 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
TPRS
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Job profit and loss report

Is there any way I can batch a number of jobs under an industry to produce a Job profit and loss which includes a number of jobs.?  I would like to batch a number of jobs under say "Television Commercials" to see how profitable that aspect of our business is?  Any ideas?  

I've tried to link jobs as sub-jobs of "Television Commercials" but can only print a Job profit and loss to one specific job.

Thanks to anyone with any ideas....

2 REPLIES 2
Super Partner Jennifer_Kelly
363 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Jennifer_Kelly
Super Partner

437Posts

331Kudos

34Solutions

Re: Job profit and loss report

Hi,

Some of the Addon solutions can provide more flexible Jobs reporting especially at the Job header level.

See - http://myob.com.au/addons/

As an example our softwre - Business Intelligence for MYOB allows users to Report, Filter, Subtotal and PIvot on not just Job numbers but also on the multiple Job header levels.

As an example the report below is a P&L, Pivoting on the Job Header Level 1.

In your case 1 New Sales could be the Header TV Commercials and 2 Sevice could be a Job header for Radio Commercials etc.  The Header level Column would  consolidate all of the sub Jobs that are under the TV commercial Header.

This is a great way to see your business at a much higher level. You can drill down to see the undelying Jobs that make up each header account and drill right down to the underlying transactions.

Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 1.49.32 pm.png

All details including a 14 day free trial are on our website at www.BIforMYOB.com.

I hope this helps.

Jennifer Kelly CA
BI4Cloud- powered by Interactive Reporting
02 8011 1511
www.BI4Cloud.com
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4118Kudos

4597Solutions

Re: Job profit and loss report

Hi @TPRS

When you go to Reports>>Accounts>>Jobs>>Job Profit & Loss Statement select Advanced Filters.  You would then select the Jobs that you are after from the Jobs option and select the Consolidate option. This will combine the values to give you one report for those jobs.

For example here is both jobs i.e. without consolidate ticked

Attachments - Copy (2).PNG

Here it is with Consolidated ticked.

Attachments - Copy.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search