Keeping track of supplier costs and item costs

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jayce89
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Keeping track of supplier costs and item costs

Hi MYOB, 

I've currently set-up individual cost of sale accounts for each of our ingredients e.g. pork trim, pork shoulder, pork fat. I"ve also created a cost of sale account for each supplier. 

At the moment I am able to keep track of how much of each ingredient I am buying in a dollar value however, I cannot see how much I am spending with each supplier. We have 4 suppliers of pork which we regularly buy from. Is their a way to maintain this current set-up but also have MYOB keep track of how much I am spending with each supplier in total? This would be extremely helpful if we are able to do this. 

Please help. 

3 REPLIES 3
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Keeping track of supplier costs and item costs

Hi @Jayce89 

You could look at running the purchase Register Detail [All Purchases] report. This report can be filtered by a single, multiple or all suppliers as well as the status of the purchase (such as closed or open). Additionally, this report can also have a column added to it through inset/modify >> Show/Hide to show how much as been paid on each purchase

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jayce89
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil, 

Thanks so much! this is perfect. 

Since i've created individual COST OF SALES accounts for each item am I correct in assuming the Expense Account for each Supplier Card can be left blank? Currently, I've created a COST OF SALES account for each supplier to be in place here but I've noticed the balance remains at $0.00 because it is only for non-item purchases which never occur. 

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Hi @Jayce89 

If the supplier was never going to be used for anything other than item purchases, then yes you could omit entering the Expense account on the supplier card. This field is designed for use on non item invoices where you’re tracking the costs spent on a specific supplier through an account unique to them

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post