Partner Zone

Land Tax - Settlement Sheet

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User




Land Tax - Settlement Sheet



Our company has purchased a property and is building apartments on it.


The company took out a 100% to purchase this property.


I am trying to enter the Settlement Sheet in MYOB.


Do I enter a JG?  


I have the purchase price - Non Current Asset


Council Rates- Expense

Water Rates - Expense

Water Usage - Expense

Land Tax - Unsure

Discharge of Mortgage - Unsure


Then separately I have Legal Fees, Stamp Duty etc. - Balance Sheet


Can you please advise on the above which account codes they are allocated too.


I understand I should technically get help from my Tax Agent, however that is proving a little difficult at the moment, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.


MYOB Moderator
12,146 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator




Re: Land Tax - Settlement Sheet

Hi @MCM 


I have replied to your other post and suggested speaking to your accountant. But as you mention here that that is difficult at the moment, I'll tag a couple of our partners on this post as they may be able to help.


@GDay53  @ronatbas 


Please let me know if you need further help.

Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ultimate Partner
2,595 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Ultimate Partner




Re: Land Tax - Settlement Sheet



Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.


As @Tracey_H  said you need to talk to your Tax Accountant.

As far as Land Tax and Discharge of Mortgage are concerned they would both be treated as Expenses.

I woun't give you account codes as I have no idea what you have in your Chart of Accounts, you need to make that decision yourself.

The Deposit, if entered correctly when it happened will be sitting in an Asset account for Deposits Paid.

Do a General Journal with all expenses and the total purchase price as debits and the Deposit and remaining payment as Credits.

If it was paid for with a loan then you also need to add the Interest to the Debit side.

I have attached a Asset Purchase document for you to have a read of.  It is old but the proceedure is still the same.


If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post