Lists - Jobs Error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Geoffs56
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Lists - Jobs Error

Hi whats happened to Technical Support? As you can see from my attached screen shots the job list for 01425 income is zero even though the sale was closed off 10/07/2020 & the purchase cost is $1,704.21 not $1,268.90 as shown in the job list? Regards Geoff

Job 01425 Job Lists.png
Job 01425 Closed Invoice.jpg
Job 01425 Closed Purchase.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Lists - Jobs Error

Hi @Geoffs56 

From the screenshots,you have provided the system appears to be working as intended. 

The Income, Cost and Expense columns in the Job list record the amount that has gone against the respective accounts types for that job. This is done irrespective of whether the transaction that is generating those jobs amounts is paid or not.

Now, in your case, you have:

• A purchase to a cost of sales account for $1549.82. This will increase the cost of sales amount by $1548.82.
  • A sale to the cost of sale account for $2818.18 (or $3,100 tax inclusive). This will decrease the cost of sales amount by $2818.18

The result of which the cost of sales amount has a negative value for that job: -1268.90 (1548.82 + - 2818.18). As the cost of sales is a negative value it will be a profit for that job thus show as what you have in the Job list window (Cost -$1268.90 and a Profit of $1268.90).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Geoffs56
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven, thanks for the reply but there is something wrong, as you can see from this screen shot, like all my previous jobs shown, the income should be, $2818.18, cost should be $1549.28 & net profit should be $1268.90. Cheers

Job Lists.png
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Geoffs56 

The sale transaction has been recorded to a Cost of Sales account thus the amount of that transaction is recorded against the job as a Cost.

Should you wish for that amount to be shown as Income, it would need to be recorded against an income account. This would be similar to the other transactions which would have been recorded against an income account, not a Cost of Sales.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Geoffs56
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Cheers Steven, first time i've done that in 1425 sales! Must be time to retire!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post