MYOB ACCOUNTRIGHT LIVE PLUS INACTIVE MODE

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
pandasaigon
Trusted Cover User
72 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

72Posts

4Kudos

5Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB ACCOUNTRIGHT LIVE PLUS INACTIVE MODE

Dear Myob Team,

I am using MYOB AccountRight Live Plus, the file is active online ( no problem with internet connection), however there are many fields are inactive, such as the active arrow which should be in active blue colour is now light gray, I could not do any edit on the open bills, or I could not view a nitem detail purchase report as "Advance Filter" buttom does not active.

Please advise.

On another problem, I have an old emplyee who stopped working for our company couple of year ago, we paid his final wages with his entittlment such as RDO and unsued holiday pay and recorded his termination date on his employee card.

He now then come back and work for our company again, I found that the balance of his entitlement is still not set to zero/or deleted. In fact if I use his emplyee card again, I only change the start date and leave the ternimation date blank, I end up with incorrect balance on the entitlement. 

So I had to creatd another card and process to pay his wages under this new employee card, then I can get the right accumulated holiday entitlment.

Please advise what is the right way to process wages for a returned employee?

Why the entitlement balance did NOT reset after termination?

Thanks

Cindy Ngo

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: MYOB ACCOUNTRIGHT LIVE PLUS INACTIVE MODE

Hi @pandasaigon 

The arrow next to a transaction in Registers, the Transaction Journal and Find Transactions windows would typically be blue in colour. However, depending on the setup and what has occurred with that transaction the arrow may be grey in colour. If it's grey in colour it tends to mean that it's a locked transaction. If you are finding all transactions showing that grey arrow then Setup>>Preferences>>Security - Transactions Can't be Changed, They Must be Reversed. If it is one transaction or a small series of transactions I would be reviewing the transaction and what has occurred with that i.e. is it recorded in a previous year? has it been included in a prepare electronic payment/bank deposit transaction?

In terms of entering a termination date for an employee. While the system does indicate that the entitlement balance information will be cleared out with that entry of the termination date the historical information still is included in the database. As such, if you do reactivate that employee at a later stage, you may encounter a situation where those leave amounts do reappear. If that is the case, doing an adjustment leave pay to remove the balance would be the recommendation so that they can start afresh for the new employment.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post