MYOB AccountRight 2020.2 - Can't open "Receive payment"

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MBLegADL
Experienced Cover User
115 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

115Posts

90Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB AccountRight 2020.2 - Can't open "Receive payment"

Did you guys release a beta version.

I'll wait until you fix all these obvious errors (and additional to the ones already known about0.

Let us know when you actually have a working version and i;ll upgrade.

JosephineV
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

has the error been fixed, i have not upgraded yet

JosephineV
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I have not installed mine yet,

1. Can i upgrade from the live company file file or do i have install it from my.myob then upgrade.

2. Does the upgrade need to be done on each computer that MYOB live is on?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @JosephineV 

The Recieve Payments window not opening has been fixed in a recent patch upgrade to AccountRight 2020.2. Downloading the new installers for AccountRight 2020.2 will provide you with the latest version of AccountRight 2020.2, which will also include the fix for this issue. Note: You may want to check out AccountRight 2020.2.1: Things you should know, which does contain a full list of things that have been identified as not quite right in that version of the software.

To directly answer your questions:

1. Clients will receive in-product messaging with information relating to a new update is available and to install it. If you would like to install that upgrade sooner than you do get that in-product messaging do check out Help Article: Getting the latest version.

2. Each computer that you use AccountRight on will need to be upgraded to the latest version before it can open the upgraded company file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

JosephineV
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thnk you so much

JosephineV
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I upgrade my computer and it updated fine and a new icon of th new versaion appeared on my desk top 2020.2

I upgrade another user on there computer and there was no new icon with the upgrade new version.

When i go and click on the 2020.1 icon on the other users computer it comes up with with a question do you want open in the new version 2020.2, i clicked yes and it took me into the upgraded company file. I check the set up and it was on the new versaion 

Is this correct for the other Devices ?

Rrojas
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

This is so frutstrating.  What is the current version? We have AR Plus 2020.2.1 Build 2020.2.23.8856.  Is that the current one?  We keep getting the notice at the top "2020.2 now available" we select the Update now button, it says that is going to download and then ... nada.  It goes back to the company file selection window. Do we have the correct version or not?  Can't find anything 100% detailed in here... we can't keep wasting time looking for the right answers when there' so much work to do at the moment.  Worst time to release an update.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Rrojas 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with getting the latest version. The latest Build is 2020.2.23.9038. 

This post has more information and links to assist you with this: AccountRight 2020.2.2 patch upgrade available 

If you are having problems installing that patch you can uninstall your version and install the latest version by downloading from your my.myob account or myob.com/au/support/downloads 

Please do let me know if you are still having issues with this.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Rrojas
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Tracey.  Can you please advise on how to uninstall the software? There is nothing on this topic on Australian User Guide (or the NZ one)  and the only thing we can see is a file "AccountRight.Uninstaller.Console.exe"

but selecting it doesn't do anything.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Rrojas 

In this help article, Install AccountRight, scroll down to the Installation FAQs and click on How do I uninstall AccountRight? for instructions on uninstalling.

I'll also give you this help article, Installation Troubleshooting, it explains how to uninstall AccountRight but also has other installation information that you may find helpful.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post