MYOB Capture - Rotating a document , Tray Tax Invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Chelle_001
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB Capture - Rotating a document , Tray Tax Invoices

Hi 

I use the MYOB Capture to scan Creditors tax invoices into the MYOB Tray via an ipad.  I have several tax invoices that are in landscape. 

Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to rotate a document in MYOB Capture so when the tax invoice is uploaded to the tray it isn't in portrait view.  I can however rotate the documents under photos but I am unable to send them straight to the purchase Tray under the app.

Also I want to know if you can refer back to tax invoices after you have rolled an EOFY. These tax invoices I am refering to are the ones that have sent to your tray, allocate them to a purchase under a creditor.  When I spoke to MYOB about six months ago I was advised that the tax invoices would not be available to view after you have rolled.

When I started using the tray I would backup every single tax invoice to a external hard drive and still do.  I find going paperless is more work.  Also in the Tray you cannot print a copy of the tax invoice unless you have saved it to an external hard drive.  Can anyone tell me if the tax invoices in your tray can be review at a later date or do we have to also back them up or have paper copies filed.  Can anyone please shed some light on this.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: MYOB Capture - Rotating a document , Tray Tax Invoices

Hi @Chelle_001 

MYOB Capture will upload the image that has been taken of the document as is. For example, if the image of the document was taken in landscape then the image will be uploaded as a landscape-based image. The Capture app doesn't have a provision to rotate documents. If you are needing to rotate or change the document you could look at doing that through the device's photos app and then emailing that through to your In Tray's email address for upload.

Documents that are uploaded and linked to a transaction are available forever. The system will not remove the attached document if you do close your financial year.

Printing directly from the In Tray is something that we are actively looking into. In the meantime, saving the document and then printing that saved document is the recommendation if you do require a printed copy of the document.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,317Posts

1,107Kudos

903Solutions

Hi @Chelle_001 

Steven's hit the nail on the head with what's capable, though I only have 2 things to add on here:

1. There is now a way to upload images directly from the Photo Gallery to your In Tray via the App without having to email it to your In Tray address. When you're on the screen to Capture an image, there is a Photo's button in the bottom-right you can tap on to access it. When you're done with the rotation feel free to return to Capture to upload it.

2. On the topic of Photo Rotation, we do look at the MYOB Capture Ideas Hub and there is a request for this that you might like to Upvote and watch, here's a link: Rotate Receipt

Feel free to check out the rest of the Ideas on the Hub and submit any suggestions you might have if you don't see them there.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | E-invoicing
In Tray
Previously Worked On:
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
MYOB Support (2015-2019)

Chelle_001
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

I apology for the late reply. Using Capture makes uploading documents easier. Myob not removing creditors invoices when you roll a new financial gives me a piece of mine. 
Thank you for your reply. 

Chelle_001
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Hayden

I apology for the late reply. 
Thank you for advising me how to rotate a document in MYOB Capture. 

Kind regards 

Michelle

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post