MYOB Sales Item Reports Not Agreeing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sandie_1stBS
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB Sales Item Reports Not Agreeing

Hi,

I have a problem with two reports, Analyse Sales (Item) and Sales (Item Detail).  These reports should have the same total but have a difference of $1,146 because there is an invoice missing from the Sales (Item Detail) report. 

Any idea why this difference is occurring as this has never happened before?  I have attached a copy of the Dec report.

Thanks

Sandie

5 REPLIES 5
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Re: MYOB Sales Item Reports Not Agreeing

Hi @Sandie_1stBS

Thank you for your post. To troubleshoot can you please clear your AccountRight cache, once cleared does the reports display correctly ?

If clearing the cache does not work can you please confirm the following:

• What is the date range you are running both these reports for ? 
  • Has there been payment applied for on the invoice that is missing, if so what date was it applied?

Additionally can you please attach a screenshot of the invoice that is not appearing on the report. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Sandie_1stBS
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Melissa,

Thank for trying to help me with the rather annoying and puzzling issue.  Running the Cache clearing exercise didn't work so I have attached the report for Jan '20 (run dates 01/01/20 to 31/01/20) and a copy of the missing invoice.  I thought it might have been due to the invoice being an export one with an EXP tax code whereas the item is slected to have a GST tax code.  So I tried amending the tax code on the item to see if this made any difference, but it didn't.  Then I thought maybe because this invoice has been paid, but surely that shouldn't make any difference with the sales analysis reports? 

We have been running this type of report at month end for years and in Dec '19 was the first time there has been a problem.  I cannot send you the missing invoice for the December report as the two invoices (one missing, one not missing) are for the same amount - both with the same GST tax code and both as yet unpaid, which is why my hypothysis above is probably clutching at straws.  Any light you can shed on this would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Sandie

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @Sandie_1stBS

Thank you for attempting to troubleshoot the above. 

Sorry just to clarify you said 'I cannot send you the missing invoice for the December report as the two invoices (one missing, one not missing) are for the same amount', do you mean the transaction is missing from within the software aswell if you go to your sales register

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Sandie_1stBS
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Melissa,

What I meant was that both invoices are in the sales register and on the customer ledger etc. but, because they are for exactly the same amount, I cannot tell which one is missing from the report.

Kind regards,

Sandie

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Sandie_1stBS

If both invoices are appearing in the sales register, can you please take a screen shot of both transactions.

Also can you please open each invoice and go to Edit > Recap transaction, take a screenshot of this window for both transactions. 

Please send these screenshots via private message so I can investigate. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post