MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

MYOB changed the customer name in the closed sales - Please help

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced User Tammy-Ly
16 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Tammy-Ly
Experienced User

16Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB changed the customer name in the closed sales - Please help

Hello. I use MYOB AccountRight Plus 2014.1 AU. I have just added an extra user and set up a password for the Administrator account. After that, a client (say Client 1) asked me to re-send his invoice. I knew that Client 1 was a relatively new client and we'd invoiced him only once. I opened up the Sales Register and noticed that there was more that 1 invoice attached to his name. I immediately knew that something was wrong.

I opened up the other invoices issued and paid a while ago (before Client 1 was even entered in MYOB). The description of the invoices indicated that the invoices were issued to another client (Client 2). However, I couldn't find that client name on the system any longer. As I was the sole user of the myob file, I know for sure it did exist and I didn't remove it. I also know that these original invoices were issued to Client 2. I found the copies of the invoices I sent to her and they were just fine. They had Clients 2's name on it and address.

I am not sure what happened there. Is it because I set up the second user or password set up? Is the file corrupted and I have to go back to my MYOB backups and find a non-corrupted file?

All advice will be appreciated. It's the end of financial year and I need to know what's happening with the file as soon as possible. Thanks a lot.

5 REPLIES 5
Partner NikkiParsons
175 Posts
Partner
Australia
NikkiParsons

175Posts

151Kudos

13Solutions

Re: MYOB changed the customer name in the closed sales - Please help

@Tammy-Ly    Do Client 1 and Client 2 cards appear in your customer card list? I'm wondering if you accidentally combined cards? 

16 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Tammy-Ly
Experienced User

16Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

The Client 2 card disappeared. I haven't opened Client 2 card for ages because the last sale was closed a few months ago. However, when I opened the modified invoice, the "Ship To" field had Address 1 with the name of one client and Address 2 with the name of another client. So the cards must have been merged but it's a mystery to me how. Could have that happened without me actually going into Card and "Combine cards"? Thank you. 

Partner NikkiParsons
175 Posts
Partner
Australia
NikkiParsons

175Posts

151Kudos

13Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

@Tammy-Ly Base upon what you're seeing I'm wondering if you went to Client 2 to look at it's invoice and went to create a new card for Client 1 and accidentally typed over Client 2 instead of creating the new card? It can happen Smiley Happy

16 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Tammy-Ly
Experienced User

16Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

That might have happened in an EOFY rush. All the other sales seem to be fine. Smiley Happy

Also, I like that solution better than a corrupt file Smiley Happy Thank you!

Partner NikkiParsons
175 Posts
Partner
Australia
NikkiParsons

175Posts

151Kudos

13Solutions

You're welcome @Tammy-Ly Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search