MYOB crashes when converting quote to invoice

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Michael_PIF
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB crashes when converting quote to invoice

Hi,

I am running Account Right Premier V19.10. For the last few days, each time we try to convert a quote to an invoice, MYOB crashes and logs us out when we try to record the invoice.

How can I fix this problem as it has been working fine previously.

Regards

Michael

7 REPLIES 7
Ultimate Partner Kym__Yeoward
1,642 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,642Posts

1,029Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB crashes when converting quote to invoice

Hi Michael_PIF - welcome to the Community Forum !

Suggest you do a Backup, then a File \ Verify, followed by a File \ Optimise. This should fix any file indexing issues.
Then try again.
Michael_PIF
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Kym

Thanks for the suggestion. This didn't seem to change anything. It still crashes, and does so quickly - I am unable to take a screen shot.

Any other ideas?

Regards

Michael

Michael_PIF
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Kym,
Strange thing. I just wrote a couple of "dummy" quotes and converted both to invoice without any trouble, and then went and tried on a couple of old quotes and it crashed?
Michael
Former Staff Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

4,461Posts

302Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi there @Michael_PIF,

Welcome to the Community Forum. We do hope you find it a valuable resource for getting the most out of your software.

As @Kym__Yeoward has rather helpfully suggested, it would be higly recommended that you optimize and vertify your company file. This will most likely detect any issues that may exist within your company file that is causing the crashes. It is incredibly important that you perform this process locally, and not across a network (e.g. if your datafile is stored on a server, bring the file over to your computer).

Please note that as optimizing your data file can take a rather long time depending on the size of your company file, it is recommended that you leave it running without interruption. Furthermore, it is perfectly normal for the software to go into a state of 'Not Responding' periodically, so if this does happen to you, please be aware there is no reason for concern.

Assuming the verify/optimize process doesn't resolve the problem, the next step you would be looking at is to either restore the last backup you made to see if the issue exists in that copy of your file, or alternatively, have the file sent in for repair by our Datafile Repair Team. If you opt for the latter, please do note that there is a fee that exists with this service. Information on fees can be found on our page MYOB Company Data file repair services.

Please do let us know how you go, and feel free to post again should you have any other queries.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Former Staff Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

4,461Posts

302Kudos

0Solutions

Hi there @Michael_PIF,

I just realized I'd posted without seeing your last two posts, so have addressed the issue having taken into account the additional information here.

When the system does crash, are you getting any error message or error codes? From the sounds of it, it does appear that the problem lies within a few select quotes that may have become corrupted for one reason or another.

In this case, assuming optimizing/verifying has not resolved the issue, you would then be looking at restoring a back up file and checking to see if that contains the corruption. If it does not, you are able to continue using that copy instead, however, any information you may have entered in since you made that back up will have to be re-entered into the file again.

Additionally, you are also able to send the file in for analysis and potential repair. If this is something you would like to pursue, please do let us know as we're more than happy to assist. Fees and turnaround times for these services can be found in my post above.

Please don't hesitate to post again should you have any other queries.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Michael_PIF
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tallie
Thanks for the suggestions. Not sure how, but it has all come good. We shut the system down and re-booted it all and it has come good.
Thanks for your ideas.
Regards
Michael
Former Staff Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

4,461Posts

302Kudos

0Solutions

Hi there @Michael_PIF,

Excellent to hear that the issue has been resolved. If it does occur again for any reason, please refer to my post above regarding the options available to you to rectify the situation.

Please don't hesitate to post again should you have any other queries.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post