MYOB imports going through with no error/warning, but no data updated

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
brady1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB imports going through with no error/warning, but no data updated

I need some help with an upload I am trying to complete for a pricing update. I have been on the phone to MYOB for over 7.5 hours but no one can seem to help fix it.

A few weeks ago we proceeded to do a yearly pricing update, and uploaded everything but the standard cost (our new buy price) as this was not going to change until Feb 1. This upload was successful with no issues apart from an issue with the default ship/receive location not recognising "Primary Location" as a location (despite being the MYOB default location), saying it was longer than 10 digits and removed the location from all of the items. (The location issue is just a side issue to my major issue).

Using the exact same data file, I uploaded just the item numbers and the new standard cost. After doing so the buy price was updated without issue, but I got warning 240 for almost every item (despite the upload not having anything to do with sell price). After receiving this warning the pricing level (A,B,C,D,E,F) on almost all of these products was removed and replaced with $0. This means that whenever going to do a sale/quote for these items it will come up with a $0 value and we will have to manually enter the price. 

I have tried to do another import multiple times to rectify this. Each time it comes up with no warnings and no data errors. All that is in the item imports is the item number, and Price Level A, Qty Break 1 through to Price Level F, Qty Break 1, which has what the pricing should be. Despite receiving a response saying all the items were imported with no errors, each time nothing actually changes/updates. I go to the exact same items that are part of the import, and in the import .txt file the price is there (e.g. $100), however in MYOB, the pricing levels are all listed as $0. One thing to note is that the pricing levels have all been changed to $0, but the actual sell price is still listed correctly. 

I do currently have a case ID: 01226799 but I'm not sure this will go anywhere as the call dropped for the person who gave me that case ID and no one has called back/followed up on it. 

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: MYOB imports going through with no error/warning, but no data updated

Hi @brady1 

You mentioned that your most recent import i.e. the one that is indicating it is updating but not, just includes the item number and the price level information. Try adding in the Selling price to that import file and ensure that the base selling price is the same as the Price Level A, Qty Break 1 in the import file. This will ensure that you are importing all the selling pricing information for that item.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

brady1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Have already tried this but tried again now. Only imported Item Number, Selling Price, Price Level A, Qty Break 1, Price Level B, Qty Break 1, Price Level C, Qty Break 1, Price Level D, Qty Break 1, Price Level E, Qty Break 1, Price Level F, Qty Break 1. All prices matched each other, import log says:
2993 records imported without errors.
0 records imported with warnings.
0 records skipped.

However, it still hasn't updated any of the pricing levels. The selling price is still correct, but the pricing levels A-F are still at $0 for the items uploaded despite the actual import document being completely different. Example being one product has base selling price of $102, but levels A-F are $0, and pricing in import document was $102, despite the import log saying it was imported without errors. 

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,856 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,856Posts

1,026Kudos

756Solutions

Hi @brady1 , if I may comment, I believe you may also need to include the "Quantity Break 1" field with a value of 0.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post