MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

MYOB lack of support and lack of knowledge

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Partner fordtman
24 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
fordtman
Experienced Partner

24Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB lack of support and lack of knowledge

It never ceases to amaze me how unwilling MYOB are to put in the effort to fix problems with their new versions of AccountRight and how they seem to hide when you point out an error in their software. The conversion from AccountRight Premier to AccountRight 2017 is a complete disaster, they could not even correctly convert forms from one version to the other. When I complained about the issues I was having with trying to modify my Premier forms I was told to forget about the Premier versions of forms and recreate them from scratch on AR 2017. When I could not successfully create a new form and contacted them for advice I was put into the “ignore this user basket” and they continued to leave me on hold when I rang. They must think people are stupid if they think we do not know about this stunt. Here goes another day down the tubes. I am now phasing out MYOB and anything to do with MYOB software and I would advise anyone thinking about buying MYOB to go for an accounting system that is fully supported by people who can write accounting software and works without issues. Thumbs down to MYOB. It appears they can't even get their forum posting working correctly, I received the message "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied." when I was creating a Rich Text post not HTML.

8 REPLIES 8
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,492 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30492Posts

3783Kudos

4447Solutions

Re: MYOB lack of support and lack of knowledge

Hi @fordtman

I'm sorry to hear that you have had that experience with the phone-based team. 

In terms of migrating customise forms, migration of custom forms from AccountRight Classic is possible via the File>>Migrate Custom Forms option. Due to the variation of forms and styles that clients do have those migrate customise forms may not migrate across as per the AccountRight Classic equivalent. For this reason, we do recommend viewing and possibly editing the customise form further with AccountRight 2018 to ensure that it working as intended. 

In some cases, a customise form can become corrupt, normally through a combination of the migration and/or the original customise form file having a minor corruption and a new form would need to be recreated. With some of these cases, resaving the customise form with a different name and then completing the migration/customising option may allow for the form to work as intended.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
24 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
fordtman
Experienced Partner

24Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

None of your suggestions work. AccountRight 2017 has a major problem with the Mailing Labels. AR V19 allowed you to create a half A4 page and full A4 page label, the current implementation won't allow this.  The only option you have is to create a small label for sticking on envelopes. With V19 I could create mailing labels of 1/2 A4 and A4 in size for putting on boxes and large parcels, the small labels that can now be created are useless for large parcels. The grid size offered in customising mailing labels is too small and not adjustable. MYOB did not apply enough thought to upgrading V19, I rue the day I converted because now there is no way back. The attachments show the currently available label size, the V19 label size and the current selection list for mailing labels.

AR 2017.PNG
Premier V19.PNG
current selections.PNG
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,492 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30492Posts

3783Kudos

4447Solutions

Hi @fordtman

Thank you for your additional feedback on this topic

In terms of labels, AccountRight 2018 doesn't allow for the user to set the number of forms/labels on the customise form. If you are wishing to use a different label size/page I have sent you a private message on the Forum in regards to a process that uses an AccountRight report and Microsoft Word's Mail Merge process to expand the label printing.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Experienced Partner Fiona_Ellis
118 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Fiona_Ellis
Experienced Partner

118Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

I have a customer on AR 2018.2 who need 3 across, 7 down label printing (on an A4 sheet). Is there any way I can make this happen in the software? They don't want to change their label sizes to fit with what MYOB has prescribed.

Fiona Ellis
Sort IT Business Solutions
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,492 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30492Posts

3783Kudos

4447Solutions

Hi @Fiona_Ellis

As mentioned, currently AccountRight does allow for the user to set the number of forms/labels on the customise form. Although, I have sent you a private message with a potential workaround which uses an AccountRight report and Microsoft Office to expand that labels available.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Experienced Partner Fiona_Ellis
118 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Fiona_Ellis
Experienced Partner

118Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks for this Steven

I think they already have a workaround involving excel. Is any work being done on re-introducing customisation of label sizes/ layouts in AccountRight? I think there are more than a few disgruntled users out there looking at past Forum posts on this.

Fiona Ellis
Sort IT Business Solutions
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,492 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30492Posts

3783Kudos

4447Solutions

Hi @Fiona_Ellis

To my understanding, the ability to change the number of labels per page is not something our teams are actively looking into for the product for the foreseeable future. However, I have shared your comments with the team.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

24 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
fordtman
Experienced Partner

24Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the information about MYOB forward planning. I am pleased to tell you that I am solving all of the problems I have been experiencing with AR 2018 since I "updated" to this new backward version, I have decided to move to another accounting platform. I will be advising anyone who asks to do the same.

Regard

Jim Withnall

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post