MYOB not rejecting duplicate files when importing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Mathilda
Trusted User
102 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

102Posts

19Kudos

6Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB not rejecting duplicate files when importing

Hi all, just wondering if there is a reason for my service Invoices getting duplicated when I import a batch, even though I selected "reject existing data".  I found one or two threads with the same issues from a few years back but it didn't really solve my problem.  I am on AccountRight 2020.2  Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: MYOB not rejecting duplicate files when importing

Hello @Mathilda 

I'm sorry to hear this has been an issue for you. It has been reported occasionally that the 'Reject Duplicates' function is failing to identify said duplicates when importing. This is because that feature works by comparing transaction numbers which may already be in the system, and can fail on imports with ID numbers less than 8 digits (i.e., without leading zeros). 

For example, if an invoice number is entered manually as 12345, AccountRight will prepend the number with zeros to make an 8 digit number ie: 00012345. However, if you are importing sales via the import function, those leading zeros to make an 8 digit number do not get added to invoices or transactions being imported which may have that 12345 ID.

The workaround is to either ensure that invoices in AccountRight and those being imported contain 8 digits without leading zeros, to avoid the add/don't add leading zeros confusion in the import function. Alternatively, you could edit the ID numbers before importing, or edit the imported transactions. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Mathilda
Trusted User
102 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

102Posts

19Kudos

6Solutions

Re: MYOB not rejecting duplicate files when importing

@Emily_B thank you for responding.  I will keep that in mind before importing my next batch.  Will be better to do the "workaround" instead of having to go an delete duplicated Invoices.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post