MYOB to MYOB - purchases "In Tray" GST errors

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
talltrees
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB to MYOB - purchases "In Tray" GST errors

In the past few days I have noticed that all of my MYOB to MYOB purchases in the "In Tray" have the GST listed as an item, therefore doubling up the GST.  I can delete the line, but defeats the purpose of bringing in purchases through the In Tray and if not picked up creates errors.

5 REPLIES 5
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,122 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,122Posts

115Kudos

473Solutions

Re: MYOB to MYOB - purchases "In Tray" GST errors

Hi @talltrees 

Thank you for your post. 

If there is a default account selected for that supplier, that account is added as an extra line on the transaction. The current workaround is to manually remove the line and update the transaction with the default account for the supplier.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

talltrees
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Dear Princess, that is not good enough.

I know I can delete the line, but I shouldn't have to.  
Adding this as a process increases the processing time for every single invoice.  
Also, if it is an invoice with a lot of items, you have to scroll to the bottom of the invoice to delete the extra tax line.
AND . . . if you miss it, you end up paying 10% more.  Then you have to reconcile with your supplier because you have overpaid them.
Jeez, don't give me "current work around"  - get it FIXED!
This only occurs with MYOB invoices. 
Xero, Quickbooks & any other pdf pick up correctly . . . so why not MYOB invoices?
It is ridiculous that MYOB to MYOB invoices are picking up GST as a purchase item.  This should have nothing to do with default supplier accounts.
This has only started in the past week or so & I can't believe MYOB aren't on to it & fixing.

Oh, and about the "are you happy with our response" email - no, I am not happy.
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,122 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,122Posts

115Kudos

473Solutions

Hi @talltrees 

Thank you for the feedback. 

I really appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. I understand your frustration and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. This is still under investigation and rest assured that we will update you once we have this fixed. 

For the meantime manually removing the extra line is a workaround to continue with your workflow.

Cheers,

Princess

talltrees
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

So, has anything happened on this issue?

I am still having to manually delete a line on every MYOB to MYOB in tray invoice.

This issue is now 2-3months old.

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,122 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,122Posts

115Kudos

473Solutions

Hi @talltrees,

Thank you for reaching out. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. I've checked this with the relevant team, and as of the moment, we haven't heard any update regarding this issue with MYOB intray creating extra lines. For further assistance, please contact us so that we can investigate and discuss this issue. I'll also relay your feedback to the relevant team. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post