Mail Merge - Fields need to be updated

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner
4 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Mail Merge - Fields need to be updated

Hello,

It seems that since the Premier v19 line was entered and the AccountRight line introduced the card list fields have been updated, but the mail merge fields have sadly been neglected.

There has been previous discussions on this:

http://community.myob.com/t5/Getting-started-with/Mail-Merge-First-Name-amp-Last-Name-in-reverse-ord...

http://community.myob.com/t5/Getting-started-with/First-Name-no-longer-first-when-mail-merging-to-Wo...

The [[Name]] field pull the customers name out in the following format: LastName, FirstName.

I suggest that this should be: FirstName LastName

I would also suggest that three new fields be added: [[FirstName]] and [[LastName]] and [[Email]]

This would allow people to mail merge the name in the correct way for their purpose, ie for an address they may want both the first and last names to appear, whereas at the start of a letter they may only wish for the first name to appear.

The [[Name]] field could be a deprecated field, and eventually phased out if MYOB wishes.

Email currently does not have a field assigned either and could be useful for people (see previous threads).

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
86 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

86Posts

122Kudos

4Solutions

Re: Mail Merge - Fields need to be updated

I have been waiting a long time for MYOB to fix the Mail Merge Fields and have made this suggestion quite a while back and I'm still waiting.

When you are generating over 100 maintenance letters a month then having to fix each one individually it becomes quite time consuming...

Team MYOB please consider fixing this area to make life more simple!!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post