Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Make cards finalised for purchses to remember tax codes

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
scrapcat
1 Post
Cover User
scrapcat
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Make cards finalised for purchses to remember tax codes

Hi, I think for MYOB being such a great tool to use it seems a bit backwards that each business card is not remembered in regards to being registered for GST or not. As each business is different some are registered for GST and some are not. This makes it hard to remember with out making a note some where on the card, in my case I type it after the company name which dosn't look very professional however there is no where else to keep this record on hand. Each time a new purchase is entered you have to click on the Tax Inclusive button (or not) depending on the business or customer and where your a company that has around 40 purchsed to do a day that's a lot of extra time wasted. Can there please be a way put in place where each card for each company is finalised so when purchases are made the GST Tax is either included, or not depending on the card selected.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager Suja_P
5,833 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Suja_P
Community Manager

5833Posts

2112Kudos

476Solutions

Status changed to: Under consideration

Thank you for your post. You currently have an option to specify a Tax Code within your Supplier Card and also tick the option to 'Use Supplier's Tax Code' under the Buying Details Tab of the Supplier Card. This will determine the Tax Code that is used when you create a Bill. However, you will still need to manually tick or untick the Tax Inclusive box in the Enter Purchase window. This tick box does not determine the Tax Code nor the rate at which Tax is calculated. It simply tells the system how the Bill is being entered in, so that it can calculate the Tax on the Bill accordingly. You could therefore potentially enter all your Bills as Tax Inclusive or Tax Exclusive. As long as the right Tax Code is used and the right amount is entered into the Bill, Tax will be calculated based on the Tax Code selected. Having said that, I believe it may still help for the system to remember how bills are entered for specific Suppliers (Tax Inclusive / Exclusive). Therefore I request others who would like this change to Vote and add their comments.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post