Mandatory invoice number field on Sales & Purchases

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CSausa
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Mandatory invoice number field on Sales & Purchases

Is there anywhere in the system to set up the invoice fields for sales and purchases mandatory?

The system flags a duplicate invoice but an extra failsafe method to avoid paying and invoice twice would be nice.

Would appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance.

CSausa

4 REPLIES 4
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Re: Mandatory invoice number field on Sales & Purchases

Hello @CSausa 

It sounds like you are looking to add custom text fields to each invoice with particular information included in each one that would differentiate it from others, to avoid duplicate payments. There are also a number of preset fields and columns you can set to appear on all invoices as well. Please have a look at this Help Article: Personalising Invoices and let me know if those instructions help you acheive what you're after. If not, I am happy to assist further but may need a few more details as to exactly what you'd like to do.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

CSausa
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Emily_B

Thank you for the reply and the link.

We had an issue where a supplier invoice was paid twice. The first entry of the invoice was posted with the invoice number and the second entry of the same invoice was posted without the invoice number and the system allowed the entry to procceed. Hence, paid twice and only noticed when AP reconcilliation was done.

My query was about making the invoice field mandatory so it will force the entry to stop with a message to prompt the user to enter the invoice number.

At the moment, it flags the duplicate invoice number entry , but still allows the user to continue if the invoice number field is left blank for the same supplier.

Thanks for any help.

Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Hi @CSausa 

Thank you for clarifying, I see what you are asking now. There is a preference which will check the contents of the invoice field against all others to look for duplicates. To ensure you have this preference turned on, go to Setup >> Preferences and on the Sales tab you will find an option called Warn for Duplicate. From the drop down list you can choose the warnings to be given on duplicate invoice numbers, duplicate customer purchase orders or both.

However, there is not currently an option to specifically make the invoice number field mandatory. To avoid duplicate invoices it would be a matter of manually ensuring that that field is correctly filled in each time. I have passed on this feedback to the appropriate teams but am not aware that it is being looked into for future updates. However, it would be worth posting this thought on the AccountRight Ideas Exchange, where developers can directly view user input to consider for implementation. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

CSausa
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you @Emily_B ,

Your reply clarified my query.