5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Migrating my myob account to mint payments

HELP!
I'm a self-employed landscaper. I've been using the PayDirect app and card reader for about 4 years now and I find it a brilliant innovation, which saves me tonnes of time chasing up clients.

I recently received an email from myob explaining that as of 1st February 2020, they will be discontinuing PayDirect Mobile and the MYOB PayDirect mobile app. They informed me that If i wanted to continue to accept direct payments from my card reader, I would have to download a new merchant operating system that was compatible with my reader, specifically- Mint Payments.

I ended up filling out a form as advised by MYOB, which would allow my company information to be migrated to Mint Payments. I now have my own account with them and my reader is configured to the Mint OS.

I accepted my first payment of $315 two days ago and I hope that it will hit the bank on monday and there will be no disruption to my regular business activites. However, mint has advised me to delete the AccountRight app as my company file had been migrated over to them.. 
This is where the problem lies; without the AR app, the option of taking direct payments is more or less negated, as I have absolutely no ability to generate personalised invoices, keep track of who's paid or generate quotes on the go.
I find that the app that Mint provides, is just a basic payment interface and I have zero access to my company information or any ability to generate invoices or add contacts. I feel like the newly-developed MYOB app was great, but now Mint is telling me that I can't use it. I want the ability to raise invoices and then take the payment face to face with my clients using my reader as I always have, but it would appear that now I have to create an invoice seperately from my PC at home...

Are there people out there who are reliant on PayDirect readers who are experiencing the same difficulty?

Any help/information would be very much appreciated.

Sam.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
34,733 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,733Posts

4,669Kudos

5,077Solutions

Re: Migrating my myob account to mint payments

Hi @SamBeckford89 

As of 1st February 2020, MYOB will no longer provide product support for the PayDirectMobile, ANZ PayClip and the MYOB PayDirect mobile app.

One of the other solutions that clients can obtain is through our payments partner, Mint Payments. This will allow you a similar service through their mobile app. From my understanding that particular app will not directly integrate with AccountRight and thus your AccountRight customise forms may not be available and transactions entered in via that app may need to also be entered into AccountRight to reflect that impact in your AccountRight accounts and company file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
130 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

130Posts

32Kudos

0Solutions

Sounds like a stitchup to me

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

....Agree

And how does it integrate with MYOB.  Deeply hidden user guide says to export data to CSV file to upload into MYOB file.  Rubbish solution MYOB...!

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
34,733 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,733Posts

4,669Kudos

5,077Solutions

Hi @Coolectrics 

Thank you for your additional feedback in regards to PayDirect Mobile.

Mint Payments is an option available to clients. Other potential options could be found on the MYOB Add-on Solution Centre.

Alternatively, you could look at using the Online Payments functionality of your MYOB AccountRight/Essentials company file. This will allow you to send an online invoice to the client so that they can make payment at their own leisure. Note: This option may not be a feasible option for all clients and situations.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

100% 

unsatisfactory solution. Very surprised that there wasn't an uproar about this amongst Myob users who are dependant on paydirect. 

MYOB Moderator
34,733 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,733Posts

4,669Kudos

5,077Solutions

Hi @SamBeckford89 

Thank you for your additional feedback with respect to that topic, I have shared them with the team along with this thread.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sam,

Only getting this happening now.. I did not receive an update on this process, Myob are very unhelpful, no solutions other than doing online payments. Of which, not all my clients are online. Did you make any headway or found a better solution. My thoughts are to leave MYOB as I am paying for a service that seems to have left me behin.

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Yes, problem after problem.  I have not yet chosen to go with mind payments, I dont know where to from here, only option I have to to seek advice on a new system like Zero... pain in the ass to change...

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
34,733 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,733Posts

4,669Kudos

5,077Solutions

Hi @JeffnJen 

To summaries the options available to you would be:

• If you wish to maintain usage of the current device our Payments Partner, Mint Payments would be able to offer you a similar service.
  • Explore the MYOB App Marketplace to see if there is a potential solution that will meet your requirements
  • Ultise MYOB Online Invoices and Online payments on those invoices so customers make payment on those invoices.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post