Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

14Posts

121Kudos

0Solutions

Missing sales data in Items Register

Hi, 

I'm using the current version of AccountRight (2019.3) and am trying to view the sales for a particular inventory item. If I look at the Items Register for the last three years, it comes up saying "No transactions can be found using the criteria chosen". However, I know that I sold one of these in August and if I search the customer's ledger card and click into the sales invoice, I can see that I did, in fact, sell one. Why is this sale (not to mention however many others there may be) not appearing on the Items Register? I've checked the item and it is selected as "I inventory this product", the date criteria is definitely correct and the item number is also definitely correct so I am absolutely stumped as to why it would be returning no data. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashley

Edit: I see that this is a bug with the new version of MYOB and hope it will be rectified ASAP (as in days, not months).

8 REPLIES 8
Contributing Cover User AshL
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

14Posts

121Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Item register broken in v2019.3

I cannot believe that this has not already been rectified. This a critical function for our business and will have huge implications for our ordering and sales. Not impressed MYOB.

Valued Cover User AndrewStephen
789 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

789Posts

549Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Missing sales data in Items Register

Hi @AshL 

#TeamMYOB have no interest in fixing this bug quickly. If they did they would have released the fix by now.

I am guessing it will be months between releases untill be see this bug fixed.

They set a precedent with the AR2019.3 release by showing they can release a new build with days of the a release, so if they really want to fix the issue the could have.

I agree this bug is a real pain, can't check (without wasting heaps of time) seasonal stock to see what the sales was for last year (December / Jan) which I do each year at this time to order stock for Xmas.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,637 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,637Posts

4,352Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @AshL 

As has been indicated, we are aware that the AccountRight 2019.3 version will show nothing to display within the Item Register when transactions are listed. Generally speaking, it tends to occur when the Item's current value is set to be 0. This is something that we are actively looking with that product version.

Currently, the workaround is to run the Item Register report, which has been known to show those transactions as intended.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Valued Cover User AndrewStephen
789 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

789Posts

549Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Yes, but running multiple reports back to back gives and Out of Memory Error.

What should take 2-3 minutes to get the information form the item register is taking me 30+ plus.

Reports are slow to generate

AR2019.3 crashes and needs to be restarted.

We really need this issue fixed its wasting so much time for many everyday.

I just you guys sitting there at MYOB really don't appreciate the affect bugs have for the day to day operation of a business.

Contributing Cover User Geordie907
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I am also experiencing this exact issue and would like to know when it will be fixed.  This type of error on a program that costs $100's a year to own is simply unacceptable.  It's a core function and needs to be immediately rectified. Please advise MYOB on when this will occur.

You will note the attached screenshot which confirms the error.

MYOB Item Issue.jpg
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,802 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,802Posts

193Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Geordie907 

As  @Steven_M mentioned, we are aware that this is occurring in the AccountRight 2019.3 version.  It tends to occur when the Item's current value is set to be 0. This is something that we are investigating in this product version.

Currently, the workaround is to run the Item Register report by going to Reports>>Inventory>>Items>>Item Register [Detail] which has been known to show those transactions as intended.  This should be resolved in version 2019.4 being released later this year. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes, we are working on resolving it asap. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing Cover User Geordie907
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Theresa_D 

Thanks for your reply.  I appreciate you responding but unfortunately an apology does nothing to relieve the inconvenience this causes.

What makes this problem even more upsetting is the status report on your 2019.3 Things You Should Know page which clearly states it has been resolved in 2019.4

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Installing-and/AccountRight-2019-3-Things-you-should-know...

That would be great except 2019.4 is not available for download.  Consequently from a customer perspective the issue is far from resolved and MYOB should be more honest in detailing the status of issues.

MYOB Item Issue2.jpg
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,802 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,802Posts

193Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Geordie907 

Currently 2019.4 has not been released so is not yet available for download. While the issue is fixed in that release, the workaround is the only option in the meantime. The post you're referring to will be updated with information when the new version is available. If you subscribe to that post you will receive the update notification. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post