Multiple Ship to addresses in purchases for our company

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User MBPlastics
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Multiple Ship to addresses in purchases for our company

Hi,

Hoping this is a simple one.  I can't find the answer after searching the database.

I want to start using MYOB Purchase Orders.  I have 2 ship to addresses for my company (which is under 1 x company file).  How do I add another ship to address for my company so that I can select it in the purchases window?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,264 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,264Posts

4,283Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Multiple Ship to addresses in purchases for our company

Hi @MBPlastics

By default when going to Purchases>>Enter Purchase the Ship To field will be company address- Setup>>Company Information. If an additional address needs to be selected you can use the drop-down next to the Ship To Address and select a different address from the Supplier's card.

Tip: You can set multiple addresses (and other contact information) per card by going into the card and selecting the location drop-down option. You can set up to 5 address/sets of contact information per card

If you are needing to set the same address on multiple purchases for multiple suppliers, rather than set the address on each of the cards, set up a personal card in the Cards List with the correct address. You will then be able to select that card for the purchases using the Another option from the Ship to address drop-down.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I actually need to set up two addresses for MY COMPANY, not the supplier.  So when sending out a PO, the suppliers need to ship to one of our two locations. 

Are you suggesting I set up my company addresses on the individual supplier cards as a ship to?  Or is there a simpler way to have 2 x "MY COMPANY ADDRESS"?

Thanks for your reply in advance.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,264 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,264Posts

4,283Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @MBPlastics

As mentioned, if you do have the same address that you want to add to multiple supplier invoices as the Shipping to address, set up a personal card through the card list with the relevant card address. When you wish to use that address, select the Ship to - Another Card option and then select that Personal card. 

Using a personal card will prevent you having to add the same address to multiple cards.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven. 

It seems to be a work around and we can't simply have two ship to addresses for MY COMPANY.  So I will need to set up my company in the supplier cards which seems strange as I don't supply to myself!

Regards,

Christine.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post