Myob not recognising duplicate supplier invoices from intray entry

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HoneySandra
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Myob not recognising duplicate supplier invoices from intray entry

I have just noticed that MYOB does not recognise duplicate supplier invoices when they have been entered from the intray?

Can someone from MYOB please advise what is happening and if it will be fixed. I have correctly ticked my prefereces for this alert and has only happened when I enter from the INTray.

3 REPLIES 3
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Myob not recognising duplicate supplier invoices from intray entry

Hi @HoneySandra 

Thank you for your post. At this stage, Essentials doesn't have the ability to warn for duplicate supplier invoice numbers. 

I have passed your feedback on to the team for consideration for future updates.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

HoneySandra
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Samara,

I am not entering into MYOB Essentials, but rather am working from AccountRight. I work from my desktop but the files are online. If I pick up a supplier invoice from the intray, and I have already previously entered a duplicate invoice, the program does not seem to pick up that this is a duplicate invoice number.

Thanks, Sandra

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi Sandra (@HoneySandra)

Thanks for confirming the product. I've tried reproducing the error and am not seeing the same on my version.

So we can assist you further on this, would you be able to check:

1. Go to Setup > Preferences > Purchases > Is Warn for duplicate ticked? Is purchase order / supplier invoice / or both - selected there?
  2. Reply with a screenshot of an example purchase that is being created from the In Tray.
  3. Reply with a screenshot of an example purchase with that same supplier invoice number that is not being warned against.
  4. The document you are using to create the purchase.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post