Name search problem in sales register

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
sascaro
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Name search problem in sales register

I have noticed a recent issue within the search field in the sales and purchases register. It's a little hard to explain so bear with me. 

1. I enter a customer's name in the sales register and then click the arrow to drill down into the customer details

2. I then go back out of that customer card which takes me back to the sales register and the name of the customer is hgihglighted such that it is ready to be typed over to enter a new cutomer's name.

3. As soon as I enter the first letter of a new customer name, the whole name of the first customer with that letter comes up and then if I continue to type the rest of the customer name I am actually looking for, these additional letters appear at the end of the customer name on screen so it just becomes a jumbled mis-match. Even if I press delete before I start typing the new customer's name, I still get the full name of the first customer with that name and the same problem again.

The only way around this seems to be to hit delete, accept the new customer name and then backspace all of these letters to start again. This is very cumbersome and was not happening previously that I recall. It only seems to occur when I click into the card details first and then go back out.

FYI - I use this often as I am reviewing customers on a daily basis to put them on and off credit hold and need to go in and out of their card details to change their status whilst also reviewing their outstainding invoices from the sales register.

I realise their are plenty of workarounds to do this in other ways but this seems to be a glitch which was not in MYOB previous to recent upgrades.

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Name search problem in sales register

Hi @sascaro 

I've been able to replicate that situation with my company file and environment. You are correct it does appear to only be generated when you open the Card Information window from the Sales Register that it does appear.

While your workaround would appear to be work, I think there is a quicker one here and that is to just select Tab on the keyboard after returning to the Card Information window. With my testing, this moved the focus into that Customer selection field so you can type the desired customer.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post