OSKO deposits not showing payer reference in bank feeds

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Lora
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

OSKO deposits not showing payer reference in bank feeds

Is anyone else having the problem of OSKO DEPOSITS not downloading the payer reference to bank fees?   

I have to log onto internet banking to see who paid the OSKO DEPOSITS.  

I have complained to the bank and they say it is an OSKO problem.  

can MYOB solve this problem with OSKO?????? .

There is no point having bank fees if we have to log onto the net bank anyway.

osko.JPG
4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: OSKO deposits not showing payer reference in bank feeds

Hi @Lora 

From an MYOB point of view, we are provided with the descriptions of bank transactions from the Financial Provider which in turn is then passed across to the clients' company file. We don't have any control of the description of the transaction that is sent through to us as this information is directly sent from the Financial Provider.

Occasionally, you do see cases of the description being different from that of the Internet Banking. This is due to the way the Bank updates and processes that information. Typically, it is a case of the transaction is sent through to MYOB as a bulk import, which is then processed through to your company file. After the file is delivered to MYOB the Bank updates their records with the new information thus showing a different description.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Lora
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Steven

That sounds plausable. But doesn't help.  It still means I have to log onto internet banking instead of relying on bank feeds.  If i complain enough, someone, somewhere, may do something about it!!!!!!  The bank blames OSKO.

Does anyone have a contact for OSKO?? i can't find one on the internet.

The whole thing is unacceptable in this day and age.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Lora 

Generally, you want to work up the chain, i.e. the bank feed description is not showing what you would expect thus the financial institution would be the next port of call. If they do indicate that the description if directly from a provider you would be looking at contacting that provider directly.

So in your situation, I would recommend speaking with your Bank as your next port of call as the feed information comes directly from them. If they do indicate that you should consult that provider that would be the next step. From the OSKO website, it does indicate that you should talk to your bank with respect to if you have any questions. I do note that "OSKO is brought to you by BPay" so you may want to consult them directly to see if they can offer further assistance with your enquiry.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Lora
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Steven

I will certainly start blowing the BPay and OSKO horn!!

Thanks again for your time.

Cheers

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post