27 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

27Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Old Electronic Payments

Hello,

When I go to Prepare Electronic Payments, I have a heap of old items in my list from between 2008-2012, how do I get rid of these from the list??  I'm over scrolling down to the bottom to the relevant payments Smiley Happy

NB: They are in light grey, they are purged transactions

Thanks,

Shilo

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,495 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,495Posts

553Kudos

528Solutions

Re: Old Electronic Payments

Hi @Shilolilo 

Thanks for your post. To remove old transactions from the Prepare Electonic Payments window you can create an ABA file without saving it or reverse/delete those transactions. However, both of these methods will affect General Ledger accounts and bank reconciliations.

Your other option, and the one I would choose, is to create a new Electronic Clearing Account in Accounts>>Accounts List>>New. Then you will need to go to Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Accounts & Banking accounts and change the Bank Account for Electronic Payments to the new account.  As the Prepare Electronic Payments window pulls it's data from that linked account, changing the account effectively hides those transactions without making any changes to GL accounts. Just make sure you record any current electronic payments before you link the new account.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi I tried your preferred solution of creating a 2nd electronic clearing account to clear up old electronic payments. However, when I tried to change the Bank Account for Electronic Payments to the new account, I cannot find it in the list. It is there in my accounts list.

2020-07-05.png
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,495 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,495Posts

553Kudos

528Solutions

Hi @Stormyweather 

You will need to make sure the Account Type is set to Bank for that new account to appear in the dropdown list for selection as the linked account. 

bank.PNG

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post