2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Old invoices still showing as unpaid

Hi,

I am new to AccountRight and have recently started working for a business and found a number of old invoices showing as outstanding which date back to 2012. I have checked with our accountant and he can confirm that all the transactions were paid and dealt with in the correct financial years and we think these transactions were possibly either added to AccountRight when the system was initially setup, duplicated somehow or the payments have been entered incorrectly.  

What is the best way to correct so that the invoices are no longer showing as outstanding without writing them off or affecting figures in this financial year?

Thank You.

Thanks   

3 REPLIES 3
Super User sholt73
917 Posts
Super User
Australia
Super User

917Posts

559Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Old invoices still showing as unpaid

just checking here, if you open one of the invoices that was paid and click the History button this should fetch the payment history for this Invoice.

what shows here? does the balance show $0 when factoring in all the payments from this window?

Highlighted
IAS48
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Good Morning,

There's no payment history and the invoice total is showing as due. 

Super User sholt73
917 Posts
Super User
Australia
Super User

917Posts

559Kudos

0Solutions

sounds to me as if the payments are not correctly set up with those invoices. which means that someone may have to go through the books finding out how the payments were entered and saved and how the accounts have been reconciling up to this point.

without that knowledge the only thing I can say is using the bad debts method of getting rid of those invoices. here's a link to that process: Accounting for bad debts

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post