One of my payroll transactions is greyed out and I can't delete or edit it.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

One of my payroll transactions is greyed out and I can't delete or edit it.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,768 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,768Posts

1,518Kudos

1,801Solutions

Re: One of my payroll transactions is greyed out and I can't delete or edit it.

HI @Maverick74

Thanks for your question.

Generally speaking,, a greyed-out transaction means that it is either in a closed financial year, a security preference preventing deletion or that the transaction has fed into another transaction.

You can check the security preference by going to Setup >> Preferences >> Security and seeing whether or not the tick box for “Transactions can’t be changed they must be reversed”. If this box is unticked then you should have the delete option.

If the transaction was used in another transaction, such as an electronic payment transaction, then you will need to work backwards and delete the electronic payment transaction, which will then let you delete the payroll transaction that was included in the electronic payment transaction.

Do let us know how you get on with this

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have checked the security preference and the box for 'transactions can't be deleted is not ticked. The transaction is a payroll payment and it is for the only empolyee that has child support deductions but I have deleted the child support payment for that period thinking that may help but it made no difference. I can only reverse the payment which now means I have several records of this one payment.  it's very annoying and it's messing with my child support records because there are more amounts for the month than there should be. The reversals seem to be adding to overall child support balance instead of cancelling each other out. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Stacey.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,768 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,768Posts

1,518Kudos

1,801Solutions

Hi Stacey ( @Maverick74 )

Thanks for checking that.

If the payment is still greyed out that would mean that one or more parts of that transaction are still included in another transaction, and if this a payment transaction then you would be talking about an electronic payment transaction or similar. If you do use electronic payments, then you would need to delete the electronic payment before you could delete the payroll transaction.

As previously mentioned the other common cause would be if the transaction occurred in a previous year then you would only be able to reverse the transaction and not delete it.

When you are reversing transactions, you need to be careful for two key things. First when you reverse a transaction a second offsetting transaction is created and recorded. As this is a second transaction to offset the first you would still have a copy of the original one inside your file. The second thing to be mindful of stems from the first one, because there are two transactions if you had already recorded a reversal and tried to reverse the original again then you would end up with two offsetting reversals in your file.

If you have created multiple reversals, then you should be able to delete the duplicate transactions through the Edit >> Delete option once you open the transaction through the transaction journal.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

What else could be similar i have deleted liabilites and evenb the original pay but the reversals are still there 1 negative and 3 positive 

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

if I have 3 positive and 3 negatives will it all balance right  

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

so i think i got it to balance but the rdo accrual is messed up so frustrating

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post