OrmDataException

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Ele
Trusted Cover User
99 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

99Posts

19Kudos

5Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

OrmDataException

Generally speaking an “ormdataexception” message means that the data has been changed in the background. This could happen if a transaction was opened in two windows or on two computers and it was changed on one, whilst the other computer it was still open

Why do I get this when I am the only person in that order.  So no-one else is creating that transaction.

And no, there were not two windows open on my computer at that time.

8 REPLIES 8
Ele
Trusted Cover User
99 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

99Posts

19Kudos

5Solutions

Re: OrmDataException

This comes up when after entering the transaction for the first time, you press record.

Up comes OrmDataException.

You cancell out (thinking you can not save your entry).

You decide to double check via Find Transactions, and guess what? it is there !!!

THEREFORE the error is somewhere in the system.

it is nothing to do with the client (me) having two windows open (see original entry)

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Ele 

Apologies for the delay in response. Can you please confirm if you're still getting this error and if yes, is it a sale, purchase or payroll type transaction?

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ele
Trusted Cover User
99 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

99Posts

19Kudos

5Solutions

"when I am the only person in that order" = orders are part of the Purchasing Section

I raised the order, got the OrmDataException roadblock.  Closed out.  Re-opened and checked to see the last order/purchase number (via Find Transaction) ... and lough and behold it was there.

It has not happened since.

Thanks.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Ele 

If you were the only person processing that purchase order, it might have been due to a one off system glitch, which I will raise to be investigated. However, if you ever get this same error again, please reply to this post so we can check if there is something else that might be causing it. 

That being said, I'm sorry for inconvenience caused due to this.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Ele
Trusted Cover User
99 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

99Posts

19Kudos

5Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

It happened again.

Only person in MYOB was me.

Entered purchase, pushed record, got OMdata exception box again.

Closed MYOB.

Reopened MYOB, purchase has been saved.  But why did this box come up?

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Ele 

If your file is online, please send me your serial number by a Private Message so I can try running some scripts to resolve the issue. I would also recommend clearing AccountRight cache before that to ensure its not a display issue. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

141Posts

85Kudos

0Solutions

I have been getting ORM Data exceptions myself on and off for a while and it appears to be only in my Sales area. Have yet to see it in Purchases

If you ok the ORM exception and then try to record the Invoice again you will end up with 2 ( or more if you continue to repeat the procedure ) recorded invoices that are identical except for them having consecutive invoice numbers

It appears to be related to the recording/printing of the invoice and we can get it happening several times a day 

we have found that if the error occurs then go and check to see if it has been recorded and then reprint that copy and return to the still open invoice and delete it 

Deleting and restarting the Invoice from scratch is a very very poor alternative as you may have multiple lines of information that would require reinputting

Myob Ivory tower needs to get its head out of the "cloud" and fix the bug and quickly 

My guess it has to do with the flag for the invoice having been recorded not being updated to show that it has been so the computer looks at the invoice onscreen as being a new invoice to be input and hence uses the next invoice number

Please advise me as to what the actual error cause is please

This is what has been touted as the cause 

This is not true 

"Generally speaking an “ormdataexception” message means that the data has been changed in the background. This could happen if a transaction was opened in two windows or on two computers and it was changed on one, whilst the other computer it was still open"

as when this happens the message tells you that the data has been changed and you cannot record your copy.

A simple fix for that issue which is a problem yet for the "TOWER" to fix would be to have only the first person with the invoice open to have editting rights and the other person to only have read only and it to advise the second person that it is read only and lock the screen so no editing can be done.

Common sense would also have it

1. advise the first person logged in that somone else has logged in and who it is and also for 3rd/4th

2. advise the second and possibly 3rd/4th read only person who else is looking at that invoice/order and

who is the editting person

3. then when the editting person completes their edit the read only people are advised that it has changed and it could either automatically update the invoice/order and unlock editting for person #2 and update #3 and #4 advising them who is now editting it

or

It may make more sense to just tell #2 #3 #4 etc that a new updated copy is now available and to see it/edit they need to call up a new copy. As the old now obsolete copy is only read only it could be left up as a comparison against the now updated version 

Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Hi @DazzaB 

We do apologise for any frustration caused by this error. I would suggest opening up a sample clearwater file

and checking if the same issue persists. This would help us investigate if it is a behavioural or data issue within the software or if it is something environmental throwing off this error. That being said, we have also raised this with our product development teams who will work on finding a permanent fix for this.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post