Out of Balance Bank Reconciliation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User AATurner
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
AATurner
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Out of Balance Bank Reconciliation

Hi

I reconciled my bank to end of October without any issues.  I reconciled my November statement to show there is a $89180.37 amount as un reconciled on the withdrawal side, meaning I need that amount in withdrawals.

I have gone through all the reports and un reconciled back to June 2018, the error seems to be before that, which I find interesting as I had my file locked to 30.9.18 after doing the 1st Quarter BAS.

I am at a loss to work out what has gone wrong here?  Did I undo my 'locked period' and inadvertantly change something, I am pretty careful with this and would have reversed an entry rather than change or delete. 

This have NEVER happened to me before and I am a loss to work out what has occured?  

Any suggestions would be appreciated

regards

1 REPLY 1
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,000 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2717Posts

2073Kudos

387Solutions

Re: Out of Balance Bank Reconciliation

Hi @AATurner

I hope you took a backup before you started to undo reconciliations. The reason is sometimes with AR2018 the problem is not in the past, but rather in the future. I recommend you have a read of my post here https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Tax-and-Business/Calculated-statement-balance-incorrect/m... before you spend too much time.

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post