Australia
AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User

578Posts

366Kudos

12Solutions

PLEASE PLEASE GET THIS BUG FIXED.

Myob 

I will pay for the development time to get this BUG fixed.

This just cost me about over $1000 due to an incorrect purchase order being emailed to a supplier.

Was it my fault... I know what many will say yes.

But at the end of the day its a BUG in the software that can cause finacial loss to MYOB's customers.

I started an order to a supplier, but it was set to a Bill.

I entered all the items, including changed the description of  two (2) items our special order items.

Realised I had left it as an Invoice and Changed it to an Order and didn't realise it changed the Descriptions for all of those items I added more details to.

As a result the order I received wasn't correct and now have a really unhappy customer.

MYOB, you should not be changed text once its entered on an invoice or order.
What gives you the right to think you know what we want to say on our orders or invoices.

What I entered

33Capture.PNG

What it changed it to

333Capture.PNG

As I have mentioned before.

If a field has been changed and ISN'T the default value then it should never be replaced by the software regardless of the function being processed.

If something is to be changed, then a warning box to say "Some Descriptions are about to be updated"

Come on MYOB you need to really lift your game.

Andrew 

2 REPLIES 2
Trusted Cover User Zentra
32 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Zentra
Trusted Cover User

32Posts

14Kudos

2Solutions

Re: PLEASE PLEASE GET THIS BUG FIXED.

I agree. Any change made whilst keying an order as a Bill disapears if you change it to an Order. Not only product descriptions, but also delivery address information. Super annoying! We would be very happy if this was fixed - what is the current benefit of the software behaving in this way?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,939 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29939Posts

3677Kudos

4390Solutions

Re: PLEASE PLEASE GET THIS BUG FIXED.

Hi @AndrewStephen 

As you have indicated, when a user does change the type of purchase this will update existing entered descriptions of items back to the originally set one of the item. This is something that we have raised with the required team for future investigation for a future update. At this stage, we don't have a timeframe for when this resolved, however, as mentioned it is something that we have raised.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post