Paid wrong supplier by electronic batch payment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Paid wrong supplier by electronic batch payment

Hi,

I paid 4 invoices to the wrong supplier by electronic batch payment. I received the refund and applied it. I now have  4 CR showing on my bank statement in MYOB. I followed the process for Deleting or Reversing transactions but don't think that I have done it correctly I have attached the purchase registar detail below.

I believe that the invoices which I paid should be deleted as I have since paid the invoices to the correct supplier. I can't do this because the CR have been applied.

This is throwing out my Profit & Loss for April.

I would appreciate help on this.

Thank you.

Tricia

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,856Posts

627Kudos

1,223Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Paid wrong supplier by electronic batch payment

Hi there @thdelc43

First of all, pleas allow me to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge.

When you mentioned you've paid 4 invoices to the wrong supplier, did you also record the bills in AccountRight with the wrong supplier selected? And what did you record in AccountRight exactly after you have received the refund?

Generally speaking if you did record bills and paid them with the wrong supplier in AccountRight, you would need to drill into each closed bill > Edit > Reverse Purchase. Please then go to Purchase Register > Returns & Debits > select the reversal > Receive Refund. After that you can record the bills again with the correct supplier, then pay them off. 

Hope this helps. Please do let us know how you go. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, Thank you for getting back to me. Yes I did record the bills in AccountRight to the wrong supplier. I then received the refund and processed the refund back to that supplier and then processed the invoices to the correct supplier and paid them.

I reversed the purchases on the incorrect invoices and now have the following: My first invoice (inv # 150) I think is correct as I have a debit & credit against it and it is closed. The 2nd one (Inv # 151) I have a debit & Credit which is closed, but I also have an open invoice and an extra CR sitting on my reconciliation. Inv #'s 645702 & 64569 have 2 debits & 1 credit against them, these are both closed.

I need to know how to close the inv # 151 and how to clear the extra debits for inv #'s 645702 & 64569.

Regards,

Tricia

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,856Posts

627Kudos

1,223Solutions

Thank you for the additional information @thdelc43

I would like to confirm that by ' I then received the refund and processed the refund back to that supplier', did you mean you have returned the refund back to the incorrect supplier, then paid the correct supplier also? 

It is best to record the transactions to reflect what happened in real life, so you can reconcile the bank account. From the Purchase Register Detail report you have attached, it doesn't really show what transactions were recorded, and how they were recorded exactly.

If you did not return the refund back to the incorrect supplier, it might be a good idea to delete the reversals until there are only the initial incorrect closed bills remaining. Please then follow the steps mentioned in my previous reply to reverse the bills entirely.

If you did return the refund back to the incorrect supplier, you would need to record additional Spend Money/Pay Bill transactions in order to update the bank register correctly. 

Please do let us know how you go. If you have further queries, please do let us know in detail what you have recorded, any screenshots would greatly help too.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post