Pay Bills issue

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Aust
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Pay Bills issue

Hello.

We have identified an issue with Pay Bills and Prepare Electronic Payments. In one instance we entered Pay Bills, seleteced the supplier. Selected the Invoice to pay (note this is an annual supplier, we pay them one every 12 months). Ticked Electronic Payment, applied the full amount to be paid and Record. Then went into Prepare Electronic Payments, selected the payment on its own and created the ABA file. The screen took a while but all worked. I loaded ABA to our bank and it was paid. The following two week I noted the payment was in the Prepare Eletronic Payments, and aged payables was showing as unpaid, and when checking the Bill was also showing unpaid. Double check in our bank and definatley paid. 

What is now more concerning reviewing some of our payments (at this stage only one supplier) using the same method above, MYOB has allowed us to double pay some $10,000 worth of invoices, is this a known issue. We have the remittances, bank payments and Bills show double payments. Can you help us understand how this happened? Is there a problem in MYOB? Is there something we are doing wrong and if so what and how do we check payments? Very concerned how did this problem might be.

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Pay Bills issue

Hi @Aust 

I'd recommend using the Journal Security Audit report (Accounts tab>>Security and Audit) to trace those transactions. You'll be able to see if the electronic payments and pay bills transactions were deleted or edited and which user performed those actions. Those transactions being deleted would explain why they are showing as unpaid and reappearing in the Prepare electronic payments window. 

If the payments have been recorded twice against the same purchase I would expect to see a debit for that amount in the Purchases register>>Returns & Debits tab as the software would view this as an overpayment and automatically create the debit note.

Also, in your example the supplier has one invoice per year which is paid in full so I would expect to see their account in credit when you run the Payables reconciliation report.

If you need further help with this please feel free to send me screenshots of the following by private message:

• the Journal Security Audit report
  • the Payables reconciliation report for that supplier
  • the Purchases register>>Returns & Debits tab filtered by that supplier
  • the Supplier Payment History report filtered by that supplier

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post