Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Payment Method Field in Custom Forms

Hi,

I am customising our invoice form and have selected the Payment Method field to print on each page.  The issue is when I generate the invoice the payment method is shown I make a selection then print (occasionally I need to chnage teh form type) either way the selected payment method does not print out it's blank, when i re-open the invoice it is no longer there as an option.  

I really need to show payment method, so our drivers know how the customer will be paying that invoice.

Any help why this field won't print out or other ways to print this field on an invoice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Marica Cindric
Office Administration/Bookkeeper
Australia Packaging Pty Ltd
5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,270Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payment Method Field in Custom Forms

Hi @coffeepapercups 

The Payment Method field will pull the payment method listed on the Receive Payments transaction. This Payment Method can be added to a payment transaction by using the Payment Method field on the Sales>>Recieve Payment transaction OR the Paid today section* when creating the invoice.

*Once the sale transaction has been recorded the Paid Today section will be removed and payment will need to be made through Sales>>Receive Payments or Payment on the Enter Sales window.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User coffeepapercups
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for your response however as mentioned I am in Customise Forms - Invoices - Item, in the  fields I select payment method.  I assume this field is dereived from the Payment Method in Customer's Card File therefore it will simply print our method selected. I am just trying to build the form no relation to Received or Paid today.  I have set-up the payment method for the customer and I would like this displayed on their invoice so they know what method of payment they are to use and also our driver is aware and can remind them when dropping goods.

Are you saying Payment Method does not exist until someone receives money or paid today is completed, seems counter intuitive the invoice then is paid, no need to re-print invoice to show method.  

Marica Cindric
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,270Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @coffeepapercups 

The Payment Method is the one listed on the payment transactions. If there is no payment method i.e. there has been no payment then that field would be blank on the customise form.

Note: The Payment Method on the card would be used as the default when selecting the Customer in the Receive Payments window but is not used in relation to the invoice if no payments have been applied.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Experienced Cover User coffeepapercups
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks, ok noted the payment method can only be printed if a receipt is processed against invoice and not before.

Doesn't solve my issue so I need to look for another solution as I need to simply print for every invoice the payment method set-up in the customers card file before any receipt processed.

I guess can't accept the solution will put in WIP, and I am back to export and vlookup using excel 

Marica Cindric
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,270Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @coffeepapercups 

You could list your customer payment methods as a card list entry on the associated customer's card. You can then add in the associated card list field to the customise form. 

The only downside would be if the card payment method was needing to be updated you would need to update the list entry and also the actual payment method.- list entry for the customise form and the actual payment method for the payments recorded in the system.

More information about custom list field can be found on Help Article: Custom lists

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post