Payment recieved screen

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User WattsBros
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

46Posts

59Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payment recieved screen

NOT LOIVING THE NEW UPDATE

We have a high number of customers who prepay or pay a deposit for their jobs, so when we receive a payment we process it via ENTER SALES (Order) using the correct customer, we use the order number for the invoice number, and record the deposit in the PAID TODAY field. This way when we invoice the sale the order pops up with the deposit in the Amount Applied. All good been using this method for years. 

If the deposit is made over the counter with a written receipt I then go into the the Received Payments screen and change the automated receipt number to the actual receipt number.

If the payment is made direct credit to our bank account Following the same method, I then go into the Received Payments screen and change the Deposit to Account field to the bank account.

Suddenly since the upgrade these fields are greyed out and unable to be changed. 

While the accounting process still works. I just have to do Prepare deposit and bank the deposit to the correct account, this comes up as Bank Deposit, whereas before it came up as the customers details, or leave the automated receipt number field.   

Is there a way to change this in Settings? I couldn't see if it there was, and this has only occured since last week.

Recieved Payments.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Re: Payment recieved screen

Hi @WattsBros 

We are aware of a situation within the AccountRight 2019.1 version that payment transactions processed to the Undeposited Funds account* will result in being locked and changes will not be able to be made to that transaction. This is something that has been passed across to the required team as a top priority.

A potential workaround for yourself may be to go into the Sales linked accounts and update the Bank Account for Customer Receipts not to be that undeposited funds account (could be a holding account). This way when you do get a payment in you can update the transaction such as updating the ID no of the transaction and the deposit to the account. You would also need to update those transactions that are intended to go through to the Undeposited Funds account if required.

*This would be the account set as the Bank Account for Undeposited Funds in Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Accounts & Banking Accounts.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

46 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

46Posts

59Kudos

0Solutions

Thank-you for your detailed reply.

I just need to know how to change the Account  code for Prepare Bank Deposit. The payments have gone to the new Undeposited Funds account, but when I go to the Prepare Bank Deposit they are not there. I hope you klnow what I mean.

Regards

Terri

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @WattsBros 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you in relation to your enquiry

The Prepare Bank Deposit window will show transactions that have been recorded to the Bank Account for Undeposited Funds.

Ideally, if you have had a transaction recorded to another account that you should have shown up in the Prepare Bank Deposit window your first port of call would be to look into updating the account for that transaction. If that is not an option, you can go into Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Accounts and Banking>> Update the Bank Account for Undeposited Funds. By doing that it will bring all the transactions recorded for that account into the Prepare Bank Deposit window that have yet to be processed.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

46 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

46Posts

59Kudos

0Solutions

So impressed that this issue has been fixed in the latest update.

REgards

Terri 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post