Post dated check

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
petron
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Post dated check

Hi!  

How can I record customer payments by post dated checks?   Our customers regularly issues post dated checks 30 to 60 days in advance.   Each customer issues several post dated checks.

Also, what printout can I get that provides a summary of payments received per day?  If I do the date range,  the PDC checks keeps showing up when in fact I got it already.  

For example,   today is March 17.  I got a PDC check dated April 5 for 20,000.     I want the 20,000 to show up on todays report of payments received but not on April 5th since the payment was receipt March 17th.  And not April 5 eventhough its PDC.   

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,552 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

4,552Posts

3,311Kudos

723Solutions

Re: Post dated check

@petron 

HiTomas

Also, what printout can I get that provides a summary of payments received per day?  If I do the date range,  the PDC checks keeps showing up when in fact I got it already.  

Oh, no you haven't. What you have is a promise to pay on the date stated so it should not be included in todays figures. If you wish to record the receipt of the cheque into MYOB enter it into Undeposited Funds

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
petron
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks.   Currently, we are trying to input in on the sales received section instead of the received payments because we cannot apply it yet.  

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,675 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,675Posts

1,032Kudos

127Solutions

See this Support Note - Entering money received in advance for a sale

Also see this Support Note - Lay-by sales and GST 

Whilst I understand you may be in the USA and don't have GST, if you make lay-by sales (e.g. to women) you may find that the parts covering GST may also cover your State sales tax. Australian and New Zealand GST - Goods and Services Tax - is similar to European VAT tax (but at lower rates - 10% in Australia, except on basic food & education and 15% in New Zealand, on pretty well everything)

Sebastien_D
Former Staff
2,784 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

2,784Posts

22Kudos

232Solutions

Hey @petron,

Thanks for your reply.

As per what Kym advised above, we hope you find the information and Support Notes provided helpful.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have further queries.

Kind Regards

Sebastien
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post