Posting overpayment in Account Right Multicurrency

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CarlW
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Posting overpayment in Account Right Multicurrency

I have a client in Denmark who has paid their invoice twice. I was able to post the original payment in Danish Kroner DKK to my Danish Bank in DKK. The clients card is setup with DKK as the default currency as is the bank account I want to post to.

When I try to post the overpayment I am unable to select another currency other than the base currency. The option is greyed out and I get an error and can't proceed.

I have attached screen shots showing the problem.

MYOBPayment.png
MYOBPayment2.png
1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Posting overpayment in Account Right Multicurrency

Hi @CarlW 

When you record a transaction in AccountRight 2020 when foreign currency is enabled the system defaults all transactions to the local currency AUD or NZD. If you do have a foreign currency transaction you can select the desired currency to be a different currency.

In this situation, as all invoices for that customer have been paid, it is resorting the Receive Payments transaction window back to the default of the local currency thus the system thinks the payment needs to be done in the local currency.

The way I would resolve the situation would be to create a new invoice for the customer for 1.00 in that currency. Once created, pay the invoice through the Recieve Payments for the amount the customer actually paid and then remove/zero dollar out that invoice line so you are just left with the credit amount i.e. the overpayment. 

The alternative method would be to delete the original payment and then combine both amounts into the one payment and pay the invoice once.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post